Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

Completed the maze in the top right corner and got the barbarian helm, didn’t know there was attack raising gear, really excited to farm Lynel’s and get this boosted to fuck. Think the rest of the gear is also in the mazes.

There’s a great little puzzle in Faron to unlock one of the shrines. They signpost it heavily with the axe in the stable roof, but leaving a metal object to be hit by lightning on top of a vaguely shrine looking structure cracks the thing open and reveals the shrine within.

1 Like

I would also like to rescind my statement that I am getting a little tired of the game.

1 Like

Had a good stint on it last night. Put two hours into it and didn’t find a single shrine in all that time. There MUST have been a couple nearby, surely?!?!

Found 5 standing stone with holes in which I’m pretty sure had a shrine connected to them, but couldn’t figure out how to open sesame. Tried throwing bombs through them, arrows, etc but no joy.

Decided to be a bad ass and take on a huge encampment with 10 Lizard things in it. Limped out alive having used up most of my decent weaponry and got the square root of fuck all for doing so, but still glad I did it.

Saved at Rito Village, where I’ll tackle Diving Beast number 2 next week.

This is my remaining beef with the game tbh, the random encounters don’t come with any kind of reward, just legging it away from them is probably more beneficial than fighting nine times out of ten which seems a bit off to me

I managed to do the Yiga Clan hideout last night, hilarious how easy the boss is after how fucking difficult his henchmen are, one of them should really step up and takeover IMO.

Now doing the Camel diving beast and having one of those bits where I’m drawing a blank on how to proceed, I’m awaiting the moment where it all clicks eagerly.

Yeah not many of those chests give you any good stuff. At all. But they usually lead you to some areas you may not notice otherwise. From this camp, I noticed a weird split rock and when I found it, the huge chasm in the rock appeared to have been made by a sword that was embedded in the ground.

Re: the standing stones. Was the accordion playing clue giving bird hanging around?

Can’t stand that dickhead, I hope his songs aren’t relevant in any way cause I always turn down his offers to perform them.

1 Like

aha, reconsider.

Bollocks…

2 Likes

Not right by them. Pretty sure there’s a secret shrine nearby having found 3 others now where he’s been close by. I suspect I have to visit his nearby village and then return there after that. The stones had weird lumps on that suggested they had to be interacted with in an order. But feel like I’m missing an upgrade or something…

Also keep finding intact stone circles. Guessing they’ll be games you have to parachute into the centre of at some point, but fuck knows. Marking them up as I go. Quite like not knowing what they are, but knowing I’ll figure it out eventually.

Cool! I’ve got a different piece of that kit, but have no idea where i got it from other than somewhere on the bottom half of the map! Just started working my way up towards the area you mention over the weekend.

Speaking of which, anyone got any full armour sets that they are loving? I hear that one or two of them have bonus attributes if you fully upgrade the whole set at one of the fairies…

I love the stealth one, I’ve upgraded it loads so it’s stats are decent and I get to do loads of sneak attacks.

1 Like

Not even sure I have any of that one!

I have the whole climbing set, all upgraded twice by a fairy. Means I can shoot up the side of a mountain loads quicker now

1 Like

Good call- the climbing stuff definitely makes things easier (especially if you’re like me and have focussed largely on health increases over stamina).

Once you’ve nabbed the Rito Divine Beast there are a few Rito Villagers who will help you work out how to get to that shrine with the stone circles (trying to be as vague as possible here)

1 Like

Yeah tbf, this is very much a ‘wait till you know it’ shrine quest

This fucking Camel is killing me…