Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

Ah, could possibly be the trick- I did wonder why the skill level went from 0-100. Was worried i’d have to put the hours in perfecting combos and dodging etc

Though weirdly I did, early doors, and destroyed him. Couldn’t do so again later on mind with better health, armour and weapons. Odd…

But yeah. Most people just sneak around.

1 Like

I went to the castle after I’d explored most of the map, did the Divine Beasts and beat around 90 shrines.

Found another 15 or so on my own post-ending until eventually looking up the general vicinity of the remain dozen or so.

1 Like

Wow, that’s very good going. A lot of shrines.

Least favourite type of shrine?

where you have to tilt the switch/controller to get a ball in a hole or something for me

3 Likes

Much easier with the pro controller. Fuck it in handheld.

1 Like

It’s basically a massive stealth game isn’t it?

1 Like

Just took on thunderblight Gannon. Read in advance he was a toughy, so went in all guns blazing, jacked up link on attack potion, full armour, barbarian helmet, and I have the master sword now. Ready for beef.

Absolutely trousered him first try. Didn’t even bother blocking, parrying, just whacked him. Think I’ve OP’d myself.

Had a wander into Hyrule Castle to see if I’m ready. Died a lot. More exploring then.

1 Like

do it again in just your pants with a tree branch

I went to try and get the memory in the Castle Town area the other day and ended up with five guardians chasing me. Dead before I got halfway there.

The game is ripe for a challenge run

@anon3515918 enjoys playing it this way I think

1 Like

I just don’t know how to play games unless the game tells me exactly what to do!

5 Likes

Fast forward to 13:30 and be amazed that you can beat the game in under 45 minutes…

2 Likes

Flying up to the top of the temple of time on a tree. Fucking hell.

2 Likes

was exploring the castle a bit more and got to Ganon! I’m not sure I wanna do it yet - if I fast travel out can I get back to the same spot? I found one shrine in the castle but haven’t seen any other fast travel points?

Not sure if you can?

You can with the 4 beasts, but haven’t got far enough to check on Hyrule Castle.

went and fought ganon for a laugh after doing 2 beasts (can’t remember how many shrines) and came pretty close to beating him, when i went back after doing all 4 beasts it was laughably easy.

Ganon wasn’t so much hard as long. There wasn’t any technique or skill to it, or puzzle to solve. You just had to continue whacking him for about an hour solid. Hit him with about 100 bomb arrows and some lashings of the master sword and it didn’t do much. Had never had any cause to use that divine beast ability that gives a powerful hit before, but I had to look up how to use it mid battle as was just spending fucking yonks doing next to nothing. After I worked that out it was a breeze.