Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

master sword must just be super op then, all I had to do was get near him and button mash :man_shrugging:

7 is the oasis NE of Geurado Village, 8 is SW of Death Mountain, on a plateau W of Gorbri Lake and an arsenal to find. 12 is in Zeldaā€™s bedroom at Hyrule Castleā€¦ Itā€™s an offshoot of the main building - thereā€™s a bridge to a tower of the West - you need to get up there.

17 unlocks after youā€™ve done the others and spoken to Impa about them again.

Cheers. Will take a look

Take that Ganon, you fucking prick!

10 Likes

Nice work.

Of the main game, Iā€™ve only got 10 shrines left; I know where one of them is, not a scooby about the other 9.

Yeah Iā€™ve done them all. Bought the DLC last night thoughā€¦

Yeh, the master sword wrecks the divine beasts. Havenā€™t tackled Gannon yet but every boss has been first try apart from waterblight Gannon which was the first one I did

1 Like

The DLC boss fights were good for this as they gave you specific weapons / limited arrows.

1 Like

Down to 3 remaining shrines. Cheated to find number 117, and probably going to have to do so on the others as well. Also had to cheat to work out how on earth to do the star charts one. Still got a few sidequests I want to knock off, plus the DLC bosses before I go fuck up Gannon.

Yeah I cheated on the stars one. A right shit shrine, that one.

1 Like

I posted this in the Switch thread, but Iā€™m going to go into more detail here.

• played about 45 hours now, utterly bewitched by the game
  • keep getting my own wee stories that I love, like how I accidentally landed on top of the igneous talus in Eldin and fought it off without even realising what was happening, or the big labyrtin I found in the sea and managed to navigate around it and complete itā€¦ ON MY OWN without a guide, felt proper proud of that
  • done one divinve beast and found it hard as nails. I think I am proper shite at the shrines, really donā€™t get all the things that the runes can do, like I didnā€™t have the Map of the elephant for about an hour trying to figure out how to use magnesis to move the wheels, only to have to read up that the room with the gate was just a quick cyronis block away, fucking wankers.
  • fell off the back of hateno village and found myself deep in a jungle, totally blew me away. had to find a stable to get my horse and get back on ā€œtrackā€ and had hunners of folk asking for my help. no idea how to get back there now, but by goodness it reminded me how big the world is.
  • now I am in eldin and it feels even more huge, what a massive game.
2 Likes

I really feel like their decision to leave out the traditional Zelda soundtrack for more sparse, ambient and environmental cues was a stroke of genius. Thereā€™s something really moving and memorable about hearing those few piano flutters as dawn breaks over the gorgeous painterly landscape. Itā€™s a game of amazing quiet moments and I donā€™t think since Flashback has a sense of restraint in a gameā€™s soundtrack seemed so powerful to me.

5 Likes

even with most really good games, I enjoy playing them and then they are a kind of fond but forgettable memory, I keep finding myself missing playing Zelda, it had this kind of soothing and enthralling effect on me, itā€™s right up there with my favourite games of all time.

2 Likes

Youā€™re absolutely right. The piano stabs as you start riding the horse are wonderful, the moment the game knows your suddenly taking it all in and the music swells, the little bits of theme music for certain areasā€¦ it is utterly brilliant.

Youā€™re not the only one to notice it.

ā€œIn the evening I sit on the couch, letting the colours and sounds of the digital world wash over me, allowing my brain to slowly decompress. Itā€™s a relaxation activity that slips nebulously into self-care, the video game equivalent of putting an ambient record on.ā€

2 Likes

Iā€™v always loved this kind of lonely melancholic feeling in games ever since Another World and Flashback on the mega drive, I think those were early formative experiences in art for me.

1 Like

I did half of that divine beast, then left and ignored it for about the next 30 hours because I realised I didnā€™t understand the mechanics anywhere near well enough.

One part of me agrees with this, but another really misses it at times. Iā€™ve listened to this so many times over the last couple of years.

I think the game is tricking me into thinking that I need to go and get the divinve beasts, isnā€™t it?

like there is this hurry that each main character tells me - but thatā€™s all fake, right? I can just fucking about for 500 hours and not do anything?

I feel like after hateno Iā€™ve yet to find a village that actually has a set of side quests I get. zora had a few that came up but fuck constantly having to battle those dickheads on the walk up each blood moon.

ps Iā€™m doing a non-Fast Travel play through.

the wind waker soundtrack is brilliant but I dunno, thereā€™s a beauty in the boldness of their choice, it really lets every environment speak for itself.

Oh, for sure. I think itā€™s the one place where itā€™s essential lack of Zelda-ness is noticable to me. I love Kondoā€™s soundtracks with a passion!

1 Like

Yup. If you want to spend 1000 hours shield surfing, Ganon will happily wait for you.

Oh, man. I ran well out of the way to avoid a lot of them. Fast travel makes a hell of a difference (once youā€™ve done it once, you donā€™t have to do it again, but props to you going it without.