Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

I was gearing up to take on Ganon but I’ve got swept up in the Tarrey Town sidequest.

The soundtrack for Tarrey Town is wonderful, how it adds a layer to the instrumentation each time a new -son character arrives! Well worth it just for that.

I’m now thinking I might go for another quartet of shrines too, although I might need to resort to an online map - I’m not finding many of them just wandering the suspiciously blank areas anymore. Just did the naked on a Blood Moon one. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Same, I was in a fucking labyrinth before I realised I should probably be doing something else.

I got a Switch very soon after launch plus BotW and I’ve barely started it yet!

Made salmon meunière last night.

4 Likes

I started last night, think I did 2 shrines and cooked some peppers and mushrooms

7.5/10 don’t like his earring

Found the other 2 shrines and a heart container in the temple of time.

Regarding playstyle - you’re mostly supposed to run around cluelessly, shivering to death and detonating bombs by accident, aren’t you?

1 Like

Forgot running off cliffs. I have the running off cliffs tactics down to a fine art.

Pretty much, yes. :+1:

Re: freezing to death - Did you discover that you can cook meals with multiple hot peppers to get a longer cold resistance timer?

No because I cooked 2 peppers then wolfed them down, then realised what they did, and then I couldn’t find any more anywhere👍

1 Like

Ah, the @escutcheon playstyle

10 Likes

I found a korok last night, no idea what it’s for (don’t spoiler me pls :relaxed:)

Mostly for dropping rocks on.

3 Likes

Found another shrine last night. Think I’ve only got 6 to go now. And just found the last of the memories. Reckon I’ll have finished it in 2 years time.

Also equipping a fire weapon will often do the trick (unless it’s super cold).

Did another few shrines last night, and a tower, and found the stables, turned off just as I entered kakariko village.

I’m mostly running past camps of baddies, cba to take them on at the moment.

Also the world reminds me a bit of WoW in style, that’s not a criticism.

Think we’re in a similar spot, I just made it to the village, progressing very slowly but being fairly thorough as I’ve gone along the path and done pretty much everything that was offered to me.

I’m roughly with you guys too. Just outside Kakariko having popped to Waterworld for a bit.

So weird playing this second time through. Making it to places in an hour that I’m sure took me a week before!

I’m trying to get to lots of iconic moments in the game and save there so that this weekend, I can take on the Divine Beasts, go capture a horse, visit a stable, etc with the kids.

I got a horse already!

Was annoyed the character limit wouldn’t let me call it Ruud Gullit.

2 Likes

I wanted Horse the Band but had to settle for something else.

At Hateno village now. The villages are so cute. Just lovely places to hang out at. That fucking ball in the maze shrine though…