Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

I don’t even want to begin to imagine how you find the last few shrines on that map, how would you even know where to start looking

Ones you’ve been going a couple of hundred hours and you turn on the hero’s path you see gaps. That little hill that seemed like nothing so you skipped it or you simply got distracted and went a different way. Found a few just closing out the map

Genuinely get a bit shitted up when the friendly looking traveller on the road turns out to a Yiga twat and tries to stab me up with a scythe. You are ruining my trusting nature!

3 Likes

Last night, I have been mostly climbing a tower surrounded by sludge. That took aaaaages to climb up to and then climb itself.

I think I am headed towards the gerudo village(s). Keep singing ‘Jaaaaasooonn Geruuuuuudoo’ to myself, and sometimes out loud. Oops.

Also I kicked the arse of a flying fireball wizard thing, that felt really good.

2 Likes

I found that waterfall shrine yesterday while on my way to find my first memory. I’m a bit confused though, I stood in the place the original picture was taken (and tried taking a picture there) but nothing happened, I even went back to Impa to see if that would register it. I suppose I’ll figure it out.

You’ll know when you’re standing in the right place for the memory there’s a sort of cloud of starry dust, you stand in that and interact with it

Aha, I knew there must be something that would actively trigger it, maybe I wasn’t quite in the right place.

That’ll be it. I found a few where I knew was in the right area, but it took me ages to get close enough to the actual spot to see the cloud. They’re not always quite in the exact spot you thought.

Just found the final memory (Blatchery Plain) and got quite emotional about the 11 month (100 year) journey this brilliant game has taken me on.

Armed to the teeth and planning to storm the castle this evening! :bow_and_arrow:

5 Likes

The castle’s my favourite bit in the whole game, especially when you’ve spent ages getting prepped for it. That music as well!

Just do it like this guy did

3 Likes

Yes, the castle music was outstanding!

Thrilling as it all was, I thought there would be a bit more to the castle. Without really meaning to, I short-circuited quite a bit of the experience with one brief use of Revali’s Gale (not as much as the guy riding the tree trunk, mind). Then I backtracked from the Sanctum to see what I’d missed - which made it a bit anticlimactic.

Anyway, I loved the final battle and the post-credits ending was particularly beautiful.

All done…wish I could really forget it all and wake up naked in the Shrine of Resurrection.

1 Like

Did you do all shrines?
Tempted by dlc?

gave up up trying to find the jaaaasssssooonnn gerrrrruddddooooos, switched attention eastwards.

spent all evening going up the path fighting monsters getting to Zora’s domain, felt really good tbh, like a bit of progression in terms of weapons i’ve got and actually using tactics against enemies i’m facing.

2 Likes

I did 102 shrines. As I’d activated the Beasts, done plenty of side quests, and finally found the last memories, it felt like it was time and that the story was complete. If I’d tried to find the last 18 I might have lost momentum again. No doubt I’ll go for a more completist playthrough someday.

I was hoping the DLC would add some big new area to explore, like some new island in the east, and I struggle to get excited about much besides the motorbike. Do you recommend it?

Started playing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker with my wife last night, now that they’ve added a proper 2-player mode. We’re hooked!

The DLC is odd. It’s just more of the same really with a couple of decent parts.

The Divine Beast and boss in it is one of the games highlights. The story doesn’t add much new though. I also liked the way that the second DLC pack opened; felt like returning to these opening hours of playing the game for the first time.

DLC1 revolved solely around combat and didn’t do much for me. The Hero’s path map addition is great but not worth £20. And the extra costumes are pointless but look cool and are quite fun to track down.

About £12-15 seems a fair price for the DLC to me. Agree with what you said way back though - it’s better to have it up front than to get it at the end.

1 Like

Yeah it’s totally worth that.

Depends on what you need. If it’s just more Zelda, then sure thing. If it’s something different, then it ain’t that.

I really enjoyed the DLC pack.
Both of the packs really get you back into relying on stealth and your wits and salvaging items etc and are a very good challenge. Imo youll want to have done all shrines.
DLC 1 I’d say is like a mix between Eventide Island and the VR missions from Metal Gear Solid. DLC is more shrines and a new dungeon/divine beast and a new bossfight.

1 Like

Great way of describing it. Has that VR Mission vibe.

properly frustrating tonight.

climbed up a load of waterfalls, found the centaur thing with the shock arrows and no way was i beating him. fair enough, ran away and went to explore somewhere else.

ended up at a coastline, fighting loads of lizards in a sort of spiral shaped peninsula. reached the end/centre, and there’s some sort of switch there but i can’t work out how to activate it. I’ve broken ALL of my fucking weapons getting here, and…that’s it? can’t even see a tower for this part of the map so no idea where i am.

dunno what to do next really.

oh also i got randomly struck by lightning which made me nearly lose it :sweat_smile: