Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

oh also I found a big fairy thing but she wanted 500 rupeees and i had 480 AAAAAGGGGHHHHH

Been playing through this a second time since I noted it had come out two years ago - Iā€™m certain Iā€™m loving it more than the first playthrough. What a game!

Been doing the Hyrule Compendium and taking my sweet time with everythingā€¦ such a beautiful world.

1 Like

I can remember the spiral you talk about. I think you have to take the orange orb from the centre and get it to the outer ring of it to unlock a shrine. Maybe.

As for the shock arrows and Lynel, first time through I beat that thing quite easily. I donā€™t know how as Iā€™ve barely beaten one since. But you donā€™t have to fight himā€¦

Thanks for the DLC opinions everyone. If thereā€™s anything like Eventide Island in there thatā€™s great, one of my top 5 shrine quests. All the same Iā€™ll perhaps get it ahead of a new playthrough next year, once Iā€™ve conquered my Switch backlog. Will be fun to come back to this after the very compact and traditional Linkā€™s Awakening actually.

1 Like

Re: the spiral of land in Akkala, I think itā€™s the other way round - the orb is on a nearby hill and you have to take it to the centre.

Doubt many people kill the Lynel to get the shock arrows if they tackle this part of the game early on. I loved that bit as it was dawning on me then that the game really allowed you to improvise. Sneaking between the rocks and pinching all of his discarded arrows from them, then escaping by leaping off Shatterback, was very satisfying.

That it was sort of a stealth bit if you wanted it to be, or a tricky boss fight, was great. But that made the later Yiga Clan hideout stealth sequence so disappointing for me - very forced and like so much weā€™ve seen in these games before.

1 Like

Agreed. You can watch me hate it in real time by clicking it hereā€¦ Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild - #1533 by escutcheon

1 Like

Yikes! Think you and I had similar Gerudo meltdownsā€¦the one-two punch of Yiga HQ and Thunderblight made me take quite a long break from the game.

All forgiven now, but I donā€™t think that region is as lovingly designed (nor nearly as fun) as others.

Just downloaded the dlc and started a new playthrough. I dunno if this was the right thing to do - on so many levels.

1 Like

Yeah there is, quite a lot. So youā€™ll definitely enjoy parts. Those were my highlights too.

On my 2nd playthrough Iā€™ve pumped every upgrade into stamina so I still only have 3 hearts. This proved problematic taking on Waterblight Ganon.

Yup, donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever fought one. Just stealthed around him while collecting arrows and things.

Iā€™ve left my Switch with my gf while Iā€™m away and encouraged her to play BOTW instead of Crash Bandicoot.

Sheā€™s as casual a gamer as they come so i feel like it would be helpful to give her some basic tips/pointers before she starts.

What would be top of the list to tell her in these circumstances?

I decided I was going to kill that Lynel for the shock arrows. Bloody hard though, felt good to eventually do it and it did force me to get much better at combat early on. That said the stealth option sounded pretty cool afterwards.
The best thing about this game is if youā€™re having a hard time or youā€™re not enjoying one but, you can just go somewhere else, tackle a different bit, and cone back when youā€™re stronger or from a different direction. Itā€™s kind to you that way, you donā€™t have to force yourself through anything really

1 Like

Came up against the big centaur bastard (thatā€™s a lynel, right?) as I was heading to Mt Lanrayu or whatever, felt laughably overmatched. Tried the old stand up a Hill and throw bombs down at him - he explodes them from a distance! Then he ducking froze me from miles off! Not sure how I can kill him. After a few attempts I went a different way, came across a massive hinox instead. Spent like a whole day in game throwing bombs onto him. It wasnā€™t pretty, but it gets results.

Iā€™ve just finished my third divine beast and recently everythingā€™s sort of clicked in place - getting really good at dodging and flurry rushing, have plenty of hearts and stamina now to pretty much tackle any random encounter, have the relevant clothing to pretty much enter any part of the map.

Need to go back to the temple of light and smash in that rock monster from the start of the game.

2 Likes

Avoid combat.

Bought this for Switch now and Iā€™m gonna try to learn how to fight this time instead of picking my favourite weapon and just going for it

I knocked off the rock monster at the very beginning when Iā€™d only done one shrine! Itā€™s amazing how different peoples experiences are with this game.

2 Likes

OK Iā€™m back in the groove now, spent last night cooking things and then climbing around in the mechanical elephant, did about half the puzzles before I went to bed.

Todayā€™s question is regarding the fairies that give out extra hearts and stamina, I havenā€™t found any yet apart from in kakariko village, so I keep the travelling back there to level up. Are they that hard to find??

Nah, youā€™ll come across a few naturally in your travels. Also their usually near shrines, so fast travel ahoy

1 Like