Legion (TV show)

So third season will be the last

Kind of glad tbh, got the feeling it was running out of steam

S3 starts on Thursday. I hope it’s not as all over the place and confusing as season 2.

Loving Season 3 so far. Much more coherent than Season 2, the music choices continue to be brilliant and it’s as visually stunning as ever.

Spoilers up to Episode 5

Often find myself thinking about how I’d explain this show to someone who just walked into the room. “So he’s the protagonist, he’s a schizophrenic with psychic powers, except now he’s kind of the bad guy and a rapist and he runs a sex cult. But the people chasing him are being controlled by an evil demon too.”

All the mad concepts they just keep throwing at you that you just then accept as it goes on, absolutely brain melting stuff.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I finally finished the third season the other day after really losing momentum with it during season two where it really felt like the show was chasing its own tail.

Season 3 was much more satisfying overall (although I did hate the whole sex cult thing) with the whole time travelling arc despite the writers unfairly only using Switch as a plot device. I was surprised that the finale ended as positively as it did considering how bleak / dark it could get at times.

What a show though! It was definitely one of the most mind bending and visually trippy shows on telly and it had such an incredible cast. Think three seasons of the show was enough especially the way things wrapped up fairly neatly. Think I’m going to try and track down the comic run that this is based on.

What did everyone else make of the final season in the end?

the comic run is a delight

Ah wicked! Another thing I loved about the show was how the shots looked like they would have been perfectly suited to ‘panel form’ or so to speak. Where you a fan of the show xylo?

1 Like

yeah i was, i think i went into it kind of aware that one day this would all be retconned so it took the shine off for me as it were to begin with, but then after i’d put that out of my head i actually thought it was great. when you look back at people doing a good job of making comic stuff genuinely different, this is pretty much the standout

1 Like

Yeah exactly, I mean I’ve not run the comic run so I don’t know if it’s as gleefully weird and full of marvellous technicolour like this was but you don’t see many shows / films manage to capture that comic book ‘feel’ do you?

1 Like

yeah in the comics there was one particularly perfect run when they really did run with the madness of him essentially being a negotiator between multiple invested parties and lunatics in his own head. and it’s impressive they managed to get so much right on tv

1 Like

Ah that sounds ace!! Yeah I really loved the bit in the finale with the multiple David’s piling in on Farouk which felt very Matrix-esque then that brilliant last musical rendition of ‘Mother’ - I was pretty much glued to the screen :grinning:

1 Like

The disappointment of Wandavision after some promising opening episodes made me appreciate Legion a lot more. Crazy amount of imagination across 3 seasons.

1 Like

Is this on Disney? I watched the first series and it was great but then couldn’t be arsed wrestling with NowTV any more by the time the second one came around.

Yeah, I binged all of Legion over xmas and loved it. Then saw the trailer for WandaVision and thought it would fill that gap… it did not.

The first season of Legion is one of the best seasons of tv, shame they couldn’t sustain it over the following seasons but I was never any less than interested in what they would do next (Jemaine Clement and Jason Mantzoukas rap battle anyone?).

3 Likes

Hated the second season but loved the first. Is the third worth bothering then? Really felt they lost their way/lost focus.

This was a real low point for me too. Had actually blanked that out…

It’s definitely much more focused than the second series and easier to follow along with, I thought. Doesn’t top the first season though.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like it. It is on Prime but it’s not free.

Disney own Fox now, the fackin plums, they need to address this.

What’s the point in a monopoly if they’re gonna be like this?