Lego!

i’ll show you gf’s collection in a bit, its mega

3 Likes

I am excited for this.

2 Likes

Do you have cats (I know you have dogs)? Because they love selecting themselves a little piece of lego to bat around which is now a concern with a more mobile baby. Just thought I would warn you of upcoming dangers!

no just the two dogs, i think theyd be more inclined to chomp a bit so we’re pretty careful about where we leave stuff :smiley:

Now this is podracing!

Really really enjoyed building the new Anakin Pod Racer set last week

6 Likes

Current creation that gets the most play is this nifty pizza place (not as good as the cafe which preceded it where I made an awesome kitchen, but R did make this one all himself):

12 Likes

Hmmm. It’s showing (to me) that video as unavailable. Came from the Lego fb page, if anyone’s wondering.

I think I had this one when The Phantom Menace came out! Spent ages swooshing it around, lost a good chunk of the parts. This looks a lot less blocky from the one I had, as far as I remember.

Had a TIE Fighter as well, which looked like Minecraft and was for some reason mainly blue.

Definitely got way more detailed maybe since the movies/video games made them a big hot piss brand.

They’ve done a big 20th anniversary series of refreshed designs. Love this one the clear plastic to help it stand actually works really well.

1 Like

Oh wow, that Slave 1 from the 20th Anniversary range looks very nice.

Such a shame the design of the ships in the sequel trilogy was pretty poor. I don’t really like the prequels, but there’s so many good looking ships from those films I could happily buy a Lego model of. They held a vote recently on which ship should be the next in the big posh adult baby / wanker range, and the Repubic Gunship won it. Could really see myself buying one if we’re still in lockdown when it comes out… I would have to move house to make space for it though.

If I was rich I think I’d just sit around and make lego all day

6 Likes

I built this for the kids.

Yes for the kids.

10 Likes

Yeah I absolutely love the Naboo Starfighter, would love a new set of that.

Annoyingly they only seem to do a very expensive Poe Dameron x eing at the moment, would love a regular x wing set

1 Like

So many windows :heart_eyes:

(bit jealous, we don’t have enough windows for my liking)

1 Like

My YouTube travels introduced me to this website

they do really beautiful looking custom designs for a lot of stuff including Star Wars. You buy a pdf of instructions off them, then buy all the parts individually. They all look really nice, and I think it’s much cheaper to buy the pieces alone rather than as part of a set. I’d like to do an X-Wing and a Y-Wing and maybe a TIE Fighter at some point, but it’ll be a while until I have the space and money for them.

yeah, it was a pair of sets that gifted them to me…

this one:

and

and

2 Likes

Wow! I’m in. Not sure where to put it though.

8 Likes

My son was telling me about people who buy old Lego sets to asset strip the mini-figures, which are worth more or something. What a world.

Ours lives next to the TV standing on it’s rockets :+1:

1 Like

Odd. Surely the building bricks are the whole appeal of the thing and the little people are just nice extras.