Leonard Cohen RIP

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

2016 just keeps on rolling, but at least this isn’t quite as shocking given he announced as much a couple weeks ago

For actual fucks sake

knew he’s been talking about death recently but didn’t realise it’d be quite so soon

Dunno it sounded pretty defeated to me like it was fairly imminent. Anyway still very sad :sob:

Don’t think it’s an exaggeration to call him one of the finest minds of the twentieth century, either as poet or musician. More or less brought up on his classic albums so they always send me shivers but think he explored sexuality and existentialism in an honest and beautiful way.

fav:

i give up on this fucking year!

Personally this hits me hardest. Real gem of a musician. While I have always admired rather the loved Bowie this is an artist whos work has helped me through heart break and sound tracked many moments and times.

A gripping lyricists who’s songs cast a spell on the listener.

Dont know Adam Cohen gave hints of a follow up album already on the cards about a week ago. I certainly dont think anyone was expecting him to pass away so soon

But maybe that was just my own interpretation of the quotes.

he did back up on that ‘im ready to die’ quote though

“Uh, I said I was ready to die recently,” he said according to Billboard. “And I think I was exaggerating. I’ve always been into self-dramatization. I intend to live forever.” He even said that he has plans for at least two more albums before his final days. “I hope we can do this again. I intend to stick around until 120.”

Absolutely gutted. His set at Glastonbury '08 was one of my favourite shows ever, and he was well into his 70’s by then…

"Now I bid you farewell, I don’t know when I’ll be back
They’re moving us tomorrow to that tower down the track
But you’ll be hearing from me baby, long after I’m gone
I’ll be speaking to you sweetly from a window in the Tower of Song"

Fucks sake.

Rip Len

Probably the best lyricist I’ve ever heard.

Ah man…

Sad fucking news indeed.
Saw him at Glasto a ew years back, he was brilliant, had the whole of the pyramid audience in his hand, me and my to who I was here with were just like 'man, he’s just fucking got it’
82 is good innings right enough and he’s left such an amazing back catalogue for us to pour through.
Helluva lyricist, for me the only songwriter who competes with Dylan in that respect.

Was listening to him all weekend there, this is such sad news.

What a voice.

Listening to ‘songs of’ which means im gonna be a moody unresponsive cunt all day today