Lessons we, as adults, can learn from children

We all know how difficult and stressful life as an adult can be, we’re constantly worrying about work or money or relationships. I think we can all agree that, from time to time, we should look the innocence of children for how to live our lives.

This is a thread for discussing that ethos.

I’ll go first: If you are struggling to put your jumper on the right way around, just remember that the label goes at the back so check to see where it is before you start off (this applies to most other clothing as well, not just jumpers)

if you’re struggling to hit your head, just watch kids run about. they fuckin charge into stuff constantly not giving a fuck.

8 Likes

One of my favourite things about kids is how they just fucking leg it everywhere. It’s dead good IMO.

6 Likes

pissing all over toilet seats

1 Like

loved that anecdote someone shared on the old boards about a kid at their school who would run around the corridors making car noises and visibly change gears when going up stairs etc

5 Likes

That boys are smelly and weird.

1 Like

If you repeatedly shout “SNACK” someone might give you a tasty treat, just to shut you up.

5 Likes

That was me (or at least there was a lad in my year who did that, he was still doing it at like 16 though so…)

1 Like

I used to gallop around pretending to be a horse or riding a horse until I was about 12.

1 Like

90% of the time it’ll be fucking rice cakes though

2 Likes

gummed up rice cake debris is one of the grossest substances known to man

3 Likes

aye i thought it might’ve been you but wasn’t sure, wasn’t his name Carl too? :smiley:

Yup. Which, if you remove the ‘L’ becomes “Car”!

3 Likes

If you’re not winning at a game just change the rules half way through.

5 Likes

Surely Simon is the most sensible of the chipmunks.

New thread please

Theodore is distinguished by his love of food and cookery.

Again. Can we keep all “Which one off of the Chipmunks was the most sensible?” discussion to it’s own (new) thread please

1 Like

That if you actually look and listen when you’re out then you’ll actually see and hear birds and spiders and stuff (you probably won’t hear the spiders) and it will brighten your day.

Bit too earnest this one, Colin. Thanks anyway though.

4 Likes