Let’s talk about stationery!

Hey everyone, I want to get myself organised and wondered if anyone of you could recommend anyone other than paperchase? Would love to see how you keep your paperwork.

Equally, it doesn’t need to be paperwork, I would love to see your lovely organised kitchen cupboards, bedrooms, bathrooms etc. Anything you are proud of :blush: I love inspiration!

Apologies if there’s already a thread about this. I couldn’t see one.

3 Likes

I got some nice mechanical pencils and erasible ballpoint pens from muji recently

1 Like

Ooo! I’ve never checked out Muji before! Lots of lovely things, thank you!

1 Like

I quite like some of the Papier diaries. I like the layout inside a lot

Got my eye on this particular one

My absolute faves though are the Magma sketchbooks, this one is the best but they only seem to have the pocket size one at the moment, the bigger size is better

Had to buy a new notebook form the train station yesterday, all they had were lined :frowning: I only like plain, graph or dots. What a horrible waste of £6 it felt like - though I do like those ones where the paper is slightly grey but the lines are white so when you write on them they seem to disappear

I LOVE stationery. I really really love narrow felt tips and elaborate washi tape if that counts as stationery.

TK Maxx has a great selection of notebooks.

1 Like

Mrs D really loves washi tape. Etsy is a very good source for it.

1 Like

I like this place:

2 Likes

Oh this is gonna be a goldmine for Christmas presents. Thanks Pervy!

2 Likes

Great stationery / presents

3 Likes

When I went to Japan I was staying right next to the Travelers shop, which I didn’t know ahead of time. OMG, I got so many nice notebooks, and tape. Nothing online that I’m particularly fussed about tbh, but the shop itself was so good. I think there was a little letter writing section for customers too and you could post from there - I might have made this bit up

Ah yes, I have made it up but there is a little cafe where you can customise your notebook… Preserve Your Travel Memories at "Traveler's Factory", Tokyo | MATCHA - JAPAN TRAVEL WEB MAGAZINE

1 Like

Shoutout for Papersmiths and Pen to Paper, both on Sydney Street in the North Laine. Perfect for buying presents for my other half (who’s a graphic designer, so is always delighted with stationery)

I love stationery!!:star_struck: my 13th birthday was spent going to music in Central London to spend all my birthday money and my 8th birthday was on holiday in Wales and I was told to choose any toy and I chose a crayola stationery kit, a true lifelong love. Muji is still my go to, I love the minimal, clean styles you get with Japanese stationery. As for organising, big fan of the Scandinavian style wooden organising stuff, and I love anything made with rattan too because it reminds me of Somali basket weaving. The woven baskets/wooden containers look really nice together too. I like white wire baskets too, they look so neat

1 Like

If I went to Japan I would have to dedicate at least half a suitcase to stationery (the rest to pokemon merch and sweets)

1 Like

Yes, there’s a shop in Asakusa where I bought the dreamiest paper I’ve ever seen (which I remember using to write to lots of disers when there was a bit of a penpal thing going on in the old boards). I went back about 10 years later hoping they’d have that exact design, of course they didn’t, but I think I still bought lots and lots of others. Love a letter writing set!

1 Like

I follow this on twitter. Might have to visit next time I’m in that London.

I’m generally too much of a skinflint to buy nice stationery but makes for nice presents and nice to dream about if money was less of an issue. I really like muji stuff actually, miss not having a muji where I live.

1 Like

Good paper is the best :heart_eyes: my current favourite is this https://www.khadi.com/

Would make my own paper if I could be arsed but it’s a lot of work

1 Like

Weird, my mate works at Khadi and I’ve worked there in the past unloading shipments of paper out of containers

1 Like

I picked up 5x Pilot V5 (black) from Wilkinson’s recently for £5.00. Good value.