Let's Eat Grandma

SOPHIE and Faris are only on two tracks. Hot Pink and It’s Not Just me.

1 Like

Hot Pink especially sounds exactly like a SOPHIE track as well, it’s not that weird that some bloke from the Horrors isn’t get similar dues based on the biggest single on the album.

1 Like

If, for some strange reason, someone had asked me to predict which DiSer would definitely really like this album, I think I’d have gone with you!

1 Like

Best thing since you…or me :wink:

2 Likes

Thing is, I believe only Sophie and Faris produced the first two tracks.

(Possibly Faris on the last one too)

Got a bit of a Hookworms vibe

2 Likes

This really is top stuff - hooked in with a series of real bangers and then hushed out with two outstanding long form tracks at the end. I could listen to Donnie Darko for hours.

2 Likes

love the fact there’s an epic banger called Donnie Darko in 2018 by some kids who were like 2 when it came out :smiley:

10 Likes

^This - it’s astonishing

3 Likes

only bit I don’t like is the ‘clementine/aud lang syne’ rhyme - especially way she sings aud lang syne for some reason.

4 Likes

I respectfully disagree

1 Like

This is fucking good eh

5 Likes

One of these bands who have such a shit name that I decided to give a miss.

However because everyone has been banging on about how good this is I’ve checked it out and I’m really enjoying it.
Will go back and check their first record and see what thats like.

Still a fucking dreadful name for a band.

2 Likes

Terrible name can’t see past it

1 Like

First album is a lot more coco rosie lite but has some cool songs

Try. Import to itunes / media monkey / whatever and change the artist name to Anglia Girls or whatever. Hmmm, that’s not much better. You should still try though, because it’s very good.

I think I might change My Vitriol to MBV and see if it makes me give them a fairer appraisal.

1 Like

LEG

4 Likes

LEG = Look East Girls

2 Likes

I have given it a listen, definitely music is better than band name so that’s a good sign.

1 Like