I wanna take a ride on your disco stick
But what is a disco stick?
- A stick covered in tiny mirror squares that you could take to a discotheque
- Maybe some kind of gearstick
- Almost certainly cock
- Other (please specify)
Do you remember when Lady Gaga was good
One of these isn’t it
think they were banned from all nightclubs in 1987 because of silly behaviour
I’ve had “Edge of Glory” stuck in my head since Wednesday evening.
That was the start of the decline. Telephone was the pinnacle I think.
Bad Romance is the pinnacle (but that would be the case for most artists IMO)
don’t google image search ‘disco stick’ if you are at work
Bad Romance/Telephone as consecutive singles is about as good a one-two punch as you could hope for.
(I don’t think Telephone is that good as a single, the video elevates it’s perception IMO)
There’s a really nice chord change or something that happens right near the end that kicks in the last part that I think is just fantastic.
It’s been a long time since I Rock n Roll
It’s been a long time since did the stroll
- A pleasant walk through the West Mids countryside
- An amble down the offie for a bottle of Captain Morgan
I would do anything for love but I won’t do that
- It’s ‘screwing around’ they say it at the end of the song it’s not an ambiguity
- I pretend things which are very easy to understand are actually hard to understand
One of the great mystery lyrics, Meatloaf will take it to the grave with him.
Tonight there’s gonna be a jailbreak, somewhere in the town
- At the jail I reckon
- Somewhere else
i believe the lyric is actually “i would do anything for 'loaf”
Some towns have multiple jails
Some towns also have shut up.