Let's hear the bands where you just love that ONE release more than any other

Listen to Apostrophe(') and Overnite Sensation and come back to me.

will do. thanks x

ah, i know a few of these songs from the best of. promising

Cosmic Debris is a stonewaller.

Going to listen to it myself now :smiley:

“Those Who Tell the Truth…” by Explosions in the Sky. I haven’t been able to connect with anything else I’ve heard from them, it feels kind of just there. As opposed to this:

2 Likes

“Deliver this Creature” by Mr. Gnome too, which I already wrote too much about here. The rest of their stuff hasn’t grabbed me the way the massive riffs on this have (at least not yet).

(Start with “Rabbit” if you’re going to judge it by one song)

I’m probably going to get ripped apart for this, but “Travels with Myself and Another” by Future of the Left is the only one I listen to and feels like it absolutely towers over the rest.

1 Like

No ripping from me, just fervorous disagreement.

Is there one you think is better or just as good? I’ll give it another shot, given how much I love this one and Mclusky Do Dallas.

Got a real soft spot for Curses, personally.

Cursonally.

4 Likes

The Queen is Dead, I like pretty much all their albums but possibly for purely nostalgic reasons this one has always chimed with me the most.

1 Like

It is their best one (in my humble ho) (Curses and The Peace and Truth of a very close second)

Travels > Curses/The Peace > How > Plot

Frightened Rabbit. Can’t remember the last time I listened to something of theirs not on Midnight Organ Fight.

3 Likes

I think Grandaddy fall into that camp for me. I’ve got five or six of their albums and i only ever really listen to The Sophtware Slump.

5 Likes

The Sophtware Slump is head and shoulders above the rest but Under the Western Freeway and Last Place are both good enough to merit 10-20% of my Grandaddy listens

1 Like

I only like Bring It On and Liquid Skin by Gomez, but I like them a lot a lot.

Not arsed about anything else.

Millions Now Living Will Never die by Tortoise - 10/10 love it to pieces

Tortoise’s other records - take it or leave it.

3 Likes

Correct opinion.

Local Natives. I discovered them through the very sad, very good Hummingbird and I loved it, but everything else I’ve heard from them seems to be the antithesis of what I like about music.

I was thinking about this the other day; ‘Whokill’ by Tune-Yards, though I was obsessed with this album and didn’t give the other stuff she’s done quite the same amount of attention (I remember ‘Nikki Nack’ feeling a bit inconsistent, as much as I bloody love ‘Sink-O’)

1 Like