Let's see yer bookshelves then

An intellectual snobbery free thread

Fao @scagden

10 Likes

Ha! Thanks was just about to start one!

Just off to buy one, brb.

1 Like

This includes books owned by me and my darling partner so all the ones you think are good and reflect well are mine and all the ones that you think are shit are hers

3 Likes

I wonder how many copies of Our Band Could Be Your Life we’ll have between us?

4 Likes

Should get a rolling tally of our band could be your life vs meet me in the bathroom vs inverting the pyramid. Any more potential winners?

2 Likes

8 Likes

Slaugherhouse-5, On the Road, Catch-22 … Visit from the Goon Squad?

I don’t have many physical books (maybe 25?) and they’re all spread out around the house

Would you like me to take a photo of them all?

2 Likes

Snap, love that bookshelf

7 Likes

I gave away a load of books so now only have like 2 shelves in total, it’s bliss.

What a kind, shelfless (selfless) person you are!

1 Like

Beautiful alphabetical order aside from the ones too bulky to fit

That Harry potter one is not mine.

7 Likes

Plus loads back at mums

1x Our Band, 1x Meet Me in the Bathroom (not pictured)

8 Likes

Not only books, also pedals, various cables plus other bullshit

8 Likes

There’s a few others in the house but these are the main ones

15 Likes

Here’s the main one

Closed

Open

• Top line is obv any book larger than quarto size, also a few vinyls.

• Second row is ballet blurays/dvds - games, skate dvds - jazz books - recipe books

• Third row is rare, signed - Pratchett - various books + event programmes - Ito/Lovecraft/Stoker

• Fourth row is penguin shorts on love - horror/fantasy/left wing ideology - more Pratchett - folders and binders of stuff

• Last row is comics/graphic novels - more Pratchett, also Murakami - gardening, misc, photos - further misc hardbacks

16 Likes

This thread is just making me angry I still haven’t sourced new shelves for our living room.

90% of our books are in boxes in the kitchen :expressionless:

1 Like

Here’s one tucked behind a door because we have no space at all in our flat. Others are in spaces too messy to show. Have a bunch inevitably in parents loft. My partner reads 100+ books a year but swapped to kindle a long time ago otherwise our flat would be floor to ceiling books.

6 Likes

Oh: this is in the storage room also

Not the complete collection but the meat of it at least.

7 Likes