"Let's see your keys, mate" - A Hoogy thread brought to you by Yr Boy Tone

tbh there are two keys here that I have no idea what they’re for :thinking:

You have three mortice keys, which makes me think that you actually live in the crypt of an abandoned medieval church or something. (It’d be on-brand, so pleased don’t ruin my illusion)

2 Likes

pretty sure we’ve done this thread before

1 key to get into my building
1 key to get into my flat

1 key to get into the building where I have my studio
1 key to get into my studio

1 key for my bike lock

that’s it - no key fob or anything

fascinating

We’ve done all the threads

2 Likes

Mortice keys? What are mortice keys? Learn me please!

@allnerve what?! :scream:

trudat

I have three bunches of keys:

• House keys (front door, back door, patio door - always on me)
  • Work keys (building key, office key, entry fob, alarm fob)
  • Bike lock keys (D-lock and chainlock. The locks live on the rack in the yard at work, the keys in my saddlebag, which I take into the office with me)

@colon_closed_bracket Don’t worry, I’m an idiot. I looked at the picture and by the power of deduction worked out which ones are the mortice keys. But if you have more info to add then that would be grand :smiley:

Oh! Well, my keys are okay because the most important key is very distinct.

These ones:

They’re common in older buildings and/or outbuildings. (Just read your post - I don’t have much more information!)

Mum’s
Deadlock
Garage
House
Bag attachment
Car
20% off Las Iguanas
Clubcard
MyWaitrose

I’m sure there must be a thread somewhere we haven’t done. Maybe we should have a thread to work out which one it is?

1 Like

Ah see, I like to over think situations so occasionally at night time when I’m trying to enter my building I imagine what if someone was chasing me :scream: would I be able to open my door quickly enough? The answer is… I don’t know! Maybe.

2 Likes

Ooo!!! I’ve just remembered what one of them is for. Still unsure about that silver smaller one next to the middle mortice key.

1 Like

I’ve got one idea for an original thread but I’m saving it for after Christmas.

(Don’t get too excited. I’m the guy responsible for “which geographical direction does your bedroom window face?” and “CRICKET!”)

Don’t worry - I’ve only created 8 threads on new DiS. All of them full of zero excitement. Except for that Saturday thread where I went to the Lego House. Cricket was a thrill a minute in comparison!

Never apologise for such things!

1 Like

2 x house
1 x car
1 X bike
1 x Theo compliant fob

Simple and classic…

that is fucking amazing! can we see a video? or a gif

1 Like

oh… i thought that… hmmm. better abandon post in case i look dumb

1 Like