Let's standardise Easter!

Hi all. @rob.orch and I have decided that moving Easter around every year is unnecessary, and that the festival can be celebrated annually on the same weekend, thus giving Christians a chance to remember / celebrate, and others the chance to eat chocolate and have a four-day weekend. Before we enact these changes, we’d like you to have your day. So when would you like Easter to be held? Please select from the four options below:

• Last weekend in March
  • First weekend in April
  • Second weekend in April
  • Third weekend in April

0 voters

Thanks

1 Like

having easter in late April this year was ridiculous. 1000000% behind this endeavour, good luck guys.

1 Like

March is the best. Can we have a second Easter in October?

RESURRECTION II

2 Likes

Glad you’re taking the lead on this @colon_closed_bracket. I’m sure whichever date we end up choosing you will implement the change globally with great style

1 Like

I went with 1st weekend in April for the possibility of Easter coinciding with April Fools Day

2 Likes

I’d rather have every holiday celebrated according to full moons or whatever, much more exciting than dates

2 Likes

I quite like it being based around lunar cycles. Chocolate astrology.

3 Likes

I say standardise the actual dates rather than just the weekend, more days off that way in most years.

Fake your own death 3 days earlier

I enjoy the element of surprise.

The Easter Bunny doesn’t exist! LOL - April fool, of course he does.

(according to Jimbo, the easer bunny visits everyone house, a bit like santa, and lays chocolate eggs. What HAVE they been teaching him at nursery?!?)

I’m behind you on this one. Make it happen please.

I think even the situation now is too specific. Don’t announce it beforehand, just sound air raid sirens or something at 8:30am one Friday, and bang, it’s a holiday weekend.

2 Likes

Like some kind of UK Garage banger?

Imagine the euphoria, kids on the way to school, adults on trains, sack it all off guys! Party!

2 Likes

Chris Grayling inadvertently leaks the date of Easter 2020

1 Like

Actually, we shouldn’t entrust this information to a politician. It’s a job for a mod, I think. @whiterussian seems up for the task.

1 Like

Think it’d be disrespectful to Jesus as he died on a different day every year

Easter cards

• Thing
  • Not a thing

0 voters