Let's take this half a gameweek at a time- The Football Thread 18/12

You know things are bleak when Villa vs. Burnley has a 50% chance of being the first match on MOTD tonight.

• Villa
  • Draw
  • Burnley

0 voters

• Leeds
  • Draw
  • Arsenal

0 voters

And tomorrow, which seems a long time away…

• Newcastle
  • Draw
  • Man City

0 voters

• Wolves
  • Draw
  • Chelsea

0 voters

• Spurs
  • Draw
  • Liverpool

0 voters

How many of these three matches go ahead?

0 voters

Must win for Leeds!

1 Like

Absolutely wild they’re persisting with these games. Reckon today’s will go ahead and then tomorrow everything will be off

1 Like

Extremely bananary banana skin this one for City.

manager at work (West Ham fan ironically so we don’t get to do bants at his birthday drinks later, which might mean we can go to the rearranged fixture?) said he fancied Newcastle to beat Liverpool the other night to which I said “mate have you seen Newcastle?” and I am just bringing this up now because the tsunami of anti-bants washes on our shores once again

Think they meet on Monday, so will probably cancel all the remaining festive fixtures then

2 Likes

Hoping tomorrow gets canned tbh.

I’m in two minds over whether to go or not and it would be a lot easier if they made the decision for me…

1 Like

Also, to lighten the gloom, would anyone like to guess which Premier League ref from the 2000s I’m currently thinking of?

Uriah Rennie.

An anchor in these uncertain times

17 Likes

Jeff Winter

No

No.

Really don’t think they’re gonna cancel it tbh. Will just create further problems down the line which they won’t be willing to countenance.

1 Like

Alan Wiley

No, but I had forgotten about him. Thanks for reminding me of his existence.

1 Like

Oh I’m thinking of two former Swiss internationals btw

Tranquilo Barnetta is one of them

1 Like

You’ve only gone and got one of them

2 Likes