So, the set-up we’ve had for a while now is this: Selfie threads are as open and public as the rest of the social board, with the exception that they are NOT included in automated digest e-mails (“newsletters”).
that are either posted in or moved to Social > Selfies, which is not the same as tagging a thread “selfies” as I have done here:
But rather done like this, which I would do if this were actually a selfie thread:
When this is done (same for Social > Pets AND Social > NSFW, btw) the thread remains open and public like the rest of the social board and all the mundane stuff we post about around the clock, BUT like I said, will not be in any automated e-mails.
Some users have given the impression that they would prefer if the threads were closed and only accessible to registered and logged-in users, much like the whole of the Serious Matters board. I would like your opinions on this. At the same time, I would like to remind you that even if we do this, literally anyone can sign up for an account on DiS at any time, and even with accessibility restrictions in place, any and all parts of DiS should always be understood and treated as a public space. There are thousands of users.
With all of this stuff in mind, please do partake in the following poll if you would like.
Anonymous poll (please also see further polls later in this thread):
- I am fine with selfie threads being open and public.
- Might be good if selfie threads were only visible to registered and logged-in users but I don’t feel strongly about it.
- I would vastly prefer if selfie threads could only be seen by registered and logged-in users.
- I have no strong opinion on the matter.
- I have another opinion that I will share in a comment.