let's talk about the stonks market(s) and possible depression ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ“‰๐Ÿ˜ฌ

sighs

What the fuck is this?

Theyโ€™re apparently launching an Ethereum-based platform for NFTs in gaming. Potentially opening up a huge market for used digital games, I guess.

I donโ€™t understand how NFTs and used digital games are connected.

1 Like

Neither do I, really? Iโ€™m not coming in here as an advocate or anything. Not convinced by it at all. But if it IS that, then thatโ€™sโ€ฆ something.

is it something around unique in game things like cool virtual shoes for you and your buddies?

Our species doesnโ€™t deserve conscious thought.

1 Like

Think Iโ€™ve made this point in this thread before, or one related to it, but the fact that the world is becoming so abstracted is really problematic. I know itโ€™s an old-school Marx thing to be concerned about alienation from the fruits of your labours etc, but the more intangible things become monetised and commodified, and the more incomprehensible the workings of markets and the flow of capital become, the more disenfranchised your average person gets. Each step like this is another step in the consolidation of capital in the hands of the owners of the means of production (also itโ€™s wicked confusing)

2 Likes

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/pets-home-pets-share-price-073844466.html

TW: suicide:

All deeply fucking sus, hope he really does have all the dead man switches on various info dumps he promised but Iโ€™ll believe it when I see it. Heโ€™s with the whales now.

1 Like

Gap UK and Ireland to close all stores then

So it continues

Inflation in America is looking very pre 2008 crash

The Line is doing that thing again

2 Likes

Any reason to it this time? Noticed crypto is going up again too

No idea. Reddit reckons they predicted it, but they would.

What does the yearly view look like? Back to where you started?

Very stable (genius)

1 Like

Septembrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Moon month

Today it became possible to sell the DOTA 2 skins that came out in the last event on Steam marketplace. Iโ€™m betting right now that Iโ€™ll make more money off selling a couple of pretend wizard hat pixels this month than Iโ€™ll make on GME.

GMEโ€™s doing that thing it does again