let's talk speakers, chums

i moved my speaker system into the dining room for the laptop, so i need some speakers for the living room that will serve as nice dual purpose ones for my little turntable and the telly. these look alright:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edifier-R1280T-Bookshelf-Speaker-Control/dp/B00GBN50SC/ref=asc_df_B00GBN50SC/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310847824698&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7615231389212937304&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046312&hvtargid=aud-543776533562:pla-592261525084&psc=1

what’s your speaker game looking like? got some nice ones? looking to buy? let’s pool information!

OR-durrrrrrrrrrr

21 Likes

Bercow

5 Likes

dammit you guys this is serious

1 Like

You’re right, I think it was very off for @anon5266188 to make a silly joke

7 Likes

My speaker game is all over the shop, tbqfh. Sonos downstairs, non-Sonos soundbar for the telly, new active monitors upstairs on my desk. Shambles.

1 Like

If you took those speakers to a hotel and turned them up fully you’d probably

CLEAR THE LOBBY

6 Likes

Bercow is the “speaker” of the “house” and you are looking for “speakers” for your “house”

Can’t you see the irony here!

3 Likes

Any Bluetooth recs for around ÂŁ100 also? Just to do a sneaky thread-jack

B Richard Onslow, 1st Baron Onslow PC (23 June 1654 – 5 December 1717), known as Sir Richard Onslow, 2nd Baronet from 1688 until 1716, was a British Whig politician who sat in the English and British House of Commons from 1679 to 1715. He was Speaker of the House of Commons from 1708 to 1710 and Chancellor of the Exchequer from 1714 to 1715. Onslow was a very unpopular figure amongst members of both political parties, particularly during his time as Speaker. He was extremely pedantic and showed an absolute devotion to principle, as a result he was given the nickname “Stiff Dick”

dali zensor 3s in the main room

UE boom to follow me around the other rooms

tapco S8 studio monitors in the music room

little digital radio thing in the kitchen too.

1 Like

Don’t really use speakers much, more of a headphone guy

This thread seems to have caused some DIVISION between us!!!

3 Likes

j̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶!̶

i mean, feel free to discuss any (hi-fi/tv/laptop) speaker-related issues!

headphone chat is welcome, what “cans” are you “styling”

Might start saying “I love jacking it” and it’ll be about headphone jacks instead of masturbation

3 Likes

oh these look lovely

wireless = LINDY BNX-60
music room = Beyerdynamic DT100

they review strongly here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Headphones Sennheiser HD25 SPII. Had them since 2011 and they’re boss. Only had to replace the cable once. Huge VFM.

Speakers are some Cambridge Audio ones from the mid 70s, permanently borrowed from my father in law. They’re good, for what I need.

Mainly use a Bose Soundlink mini 2 around the house though. That thing is amazing.

1 Like