Let's talk underage club nights

yeah, pubs were obviously much easier to drink in and generally so much cheaper - house trebles or pints of skittles were 3-for-£5. fucking lethal.

Oh god, was it Kitty’s?

johnsons for unders or harlem after that

shudder

Haven’t had the pleasure. Don’t feel like I missed out.

1 Like

I mean it wisnae the catty, that’s for sure

Can you even imagine going into the Catty sober? When it’s still light outside? Jfc, the sights I saw.

1 Like

There was an underage club night in a village hall a forty minute car journey away from us. I never went though. Started going to pubs at fifteen instead.

Down to Yarm and Tall Trees?

Rock City in Nottingham on a Sunday night. Kickout time was 10pm because there was an actual club night on afterwards.

There was an U18 night for non-grebs at The Works for a while until the club got shut down. Not sure if it was anything to do with Brian Harvey getting knifed there Former East 17 star attacked at nightclub | UK news | The Guardian

never went to one

waited till I looked like I was old enough to get into real clubs, 'ave it!

Astoria. Generic pop hits, it was the first time I heard Hit Me Baby One More Time which gives a suggestion of the era. I went just the once wearing a lime green Ben Sherman shirt (too big) and my school shoes and trousers. It was smart dress code you see, which means no trouble and no riff raff guaranteed. We went to a notoriously slack pub before but only two of us got served so we sat around while others watched us drink a lager. Had to get a load of chewing gum in as the bouncers smelled your breath before going in (what a shit job!). My only knowledge of these clubs was that people would come to school boasting of how many people they “copped”. I seemed to see none of that however, just danced awkwardly by the dancefloor in a manner I probably still do to this day. I seem to remember trying to talk to some shy looking girls but it was all instigated by a friend and my arse is twitching I am cringing so much at this memory. Got off with no one, never went back.

The first club I went to as an underage kiddo was Metros which was/is a rock club. Probably only a couple of years later, by then we could just drink underage pretty much anywhere.

I was all over the ‘unders’ - used to go to Sub Club, The Tunnel and Archaos in Glasgow, but never made it to the Cathouse. Used to queue up in a tiny skirt and heels at 6pm in the middle of winter whilst people would be walking past doing their Christmas shopping. Standard was to drink a 500ml bottle of vodka and coke on the train in. I remember getting turned away from the Tunnel once because they could apparently smell alcohol, but some places where stricter than others. No one could ever pull by themselves, you had to get a friend to go over and ask on your behalf.:joy:

Club in my town called them nappy nights. Went a few times, got off with a girl from another school and some lad she knew headbutted me. Those were the days…

Seems unlikely now, but we could always find somewhere to let us in from the age of about fourteen. There used to be sort of designated places for people underage, like the Lazy Pig on Oldham Street, or the Footage and Firkin or the Phoenix on Oxford Road, then later on Piccadilly 21s would let anyone in who was behaving themselves. In the very least we’d find a dingy boozer somewhere and be allowed a couple of pints somewhere out of the way. Going somewhere and not boozing wouldn’t have been an option.