Liam Gallagher's son and Ringo Starr's grandson in court over Tesco affray charge

This is a Low

3 Likes

did they fight one another or somebody else?

You’d like to think it was each other, eh

Are they different people?

2 Likes

A fray bentos?

3 Likes

you hate to see it

Which of the following options would have made this thread funnier:

• If I’d chosen a different Blur song with more “pun” potential
  • If I’d chosen a different Blur song with even less connection to the story
  • If I had chosen a song by a band that wasn’t Oasis or The Beatles OR Blur with more “pun” potential
  • If I had chosen a song by a band that wasn’t Oasis or The Beatles OR Blur with less “pun” potential
  • Picking an Oasis song with an obvious link to the story
  • Picking a Beatles song with an obvious link to the story
  • Picking an Oasis song with no obvious link to the story
  • Picking a Beatles song with no obvious link to the story

0 voters

Ant I was honestly confused as to why you used a Blur song.

7 Likes

I’d love to think that

1 Like

I guess what it is, is that the things I find funniest (in life and on our community) are things that are really just incongruously not funny in a completely objective way.

In my mind, the story in question lends itself perfectly to any number of Beatles/Oasis related puns or clever references or wordplay that would elicit genuine laughter. For me, the funnier option (and, let’s face it, the easier option) is to say something completely without any level of humour or relevance.

7 Likes

Blur

5 Likes

I applaud you for the explanation. I truly do like to get inside the mind of the comedian.

1 Like

Sometimes people say stuff like “over explaining kills the joke” I get round that by not ever having any jokes.

4 Likes

Every Little By Little helps with a Little By Little helps from my friends?

4 Likes

Wildly inconsistent approach to capitalising words there

See, this is undeniably both funny and clever and relevant.

Utterly shit post, does nothing for me.

4 Likes

Aside from that, good post.

• Shit post
  • Good post

0 voters

I used to work in a Tesco and served snooker titan Steve David during my time there.

He was a little miffed that the items he’d chosen for lunch were not included in the sandwich meal deal and had a very snotty attitude towards me when handing over the money.

I will show solidarity with my Tesco comrades and say I hope they throw the book at them for this.

nice that you changed his name for legal reasons

8 Likes