Liars

So apparently Aaron didn’t work on this album…

This is a shame - noticed the drummer disappeared around the back end of mess too … It’s just Angus now - is that liars? I don’t know

Him and Dave Longstreth should form a band.

The Dirty Liars

5 Likes

New song!

Track’s pretty boss mind. Man, I have missed these guys.

2 Likes

I don’t like it on first listen…there’s no real hook at all, is there?

1 Like

think i prefer the artwork for the deluxe vinyl edition

The new track didn’t grab me and I’m sad that Liars is just Angus now, but I’ll certainly grab the LP once out.

Well, I can already tell that I’m going to like this one more than Mess.

Cba with that at all. Kinda think liars are over tbh m9s :confused:

1 Like

Feels like the sort of thing that’ll work better in the context of an album.

2 Likes

Possibly but it still feels a bit liars by numbers

1 Like

Honestly, I still listen to each record, but the last really good one was 11 years ago

1 Like

Yeah same, and i always find something to enjoy… or up until mess anyway. But is starting to feel like diminishing returns

2 Likes

What would not be Liars by numbers? Them going folk? Rap? It’s rather hard to come up with something genuinely new after 16 years.

I dunno man, their first 3 or 4 albums all felt drastically different to eachother. The idea that there is even a stock liars song is a bit sad. I’m gonna check out he album no doubt but the fact that it’s just angus feels very odd to me.

1 Like

I’d found them increasingly formulaic and boring after Drums Not Dead UNTIL Mess, which I really like.

Cred Woes is alright and like @ninetyeightytwo mentioned it may work better in context of the album.

I’m still contemplating getting tickets for Visions festival. I wonder if Angus will perform solo too…

Surely the bride won’t be left at the altar