"Lifehacks" that are... not?

Look at the state of this.

This can’t be a “lifehack” it is the fucking most obvious thing in the world. I mean, jesus, doesn’t everyone know this?

Any other “lifehacks” that are just obvious things that people should know?

5 Likes

If you put pasta in a pan of boiling water with all fire under it, it meks it easier to eat

34 Likes

Literally all life-hacks are bollocks except for storing tins of beans upside down.

2 Likes

There are buttons on interior walls (often near doors), which, if pressed correctly, allow electricity to flow to light bulbs, enabling previously dark rooms to become illuminated.

13 Likes

Didn’t know this. Don’t know why i would put a rewards card or some shit in there when they give me something I can put in there and not be significantly fucked off when I leave it behind.

4 Likes

Means you can leave the air con on when you go out with the key.

1 Like

Most give you 2 key cards for exactly this purpose

1 Like
  • I knew this
  • I didnt know this
  • Never even considered it because why the fuck

0 voters

i didn’t know this - but I wouldn’t do it anyway

I just don’t stay in hotels that often TBH

But if you’re in a room with someone else then you both need a key because one of them (me) might want to go back for a sleep before the other.

2 Likes
15 Likes

CWBAFT

9 Likes

Is it ever necessary to leave the aircon on in a hotel room whilst you are out? Bit of a waste of energy

8 Likes

Another solution: Ask for more room keys than you need with the intention of leaving one in the card slot for your stay.

This is NOT a hack of any kind.

Necessary, no, but lots of things aren’t necessary and waste energy.

2 Likes

Got any old room key cards hanging about your wallet or whatever?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I have never been anywhere where, as a sole traveller, they have gave me two key cards, nevermind for this purpose.

1 Like

If you bring your own shopping bags, you can dodge the 5p bag tax!!

You can also beat speed cameras by not speeding and the LME congestion charge by not driving a lorry down Oxford Street

14 Likes

You can put off thinking about the futility of your own existence by posting on an indie music message board all day

25 Likes

This one isn’t true, it never works.

13 Likes