"Lifehacks" that are... not?

I am intrigued. Where is the line?

I’m thinking personally I could probably get on board with this idea in the Middle East, Ethiopia, that sort of thing but much less so when it’s a bit hot in Spain or Italy or somewhere.

Everyone’s temperature threshold is a bit different I guess, but if you are that desperate for your hotel room to be temperate because the outdoor temperature is unbearable I would personally be looking at cooler holiday destinations.

:smiley:

amazing

1 Like

If you’re that concerned about your carbon footprint, you probably shouldn’t ever be flying anywhere for holiday.

Nothing to do with being concerned for my carbon footprint just never found it necessary. And can’t really think I would go somewhere on holiday that the temperature in an unairconditioned hotel room wasn’t tolerable for ten or fifteen minutes.

What is the net benefit of this over say, learning to cook an egg without using an extra appliance?

1 Like

General fluffiness I think. We’re not talking anything life-changing here though

Getting lots of completely unrelated mentions today

1 Like

Vegan food bloggers using water instead of oil to “fry” vegetables. :neutral_face:

1 Like

But oil is vegan?

It’s healthier or something. Like the few spoons needed to fry onions are going to kill you.

This is not on, it’ll just dry up and then your veg will burn. What a disgrace.

3 Likes

Disgrace is the perfect word for it

I’m a bit surprised by how furious I am about it.

Who are these bloggers @sarahispi? I might go round and have a stern word.

:man_facepalming:

Come on, the bit where she gets up at 4am then goes to sleep every day before waking up again at her normal time must have raised at least a bit of a smile.

(Didnt read it, obviously)

She also said she managed to write a sentence of her article, but even I can write the first sentence of one of her articles at 4am. That first sentence is always “I’m gay, have I mentioned that before?”

1 Like

Turns out you can save money on sandwiches by outsourcing the labour to yourself! You’ll notice the constituent ingredients of a sandwich are available in the shop I buy my sandwiches from.

3 Likes

(I avoid butter as it adds to the bulk)

2 Likes

The final one has completely done me.

1 Like