Lift to Experience re-issue is ready to pre-order

Haha are they really sticking with that artwork? I need to get this, nice to know the release date is going to be February 3rd. Not sure about getting the deluxe edition mind.

Though it seems like the vinyl’s only come with a download for the original version? That seems a bit pointless and is a bit disappointing. I imagine they’ll sell the remastered tracks digitally though.

Ordered :grinning:

Yeah thought that was a bit weird. Also weird that the peel sessions will be on vinyl too as I guess they haven’t been remastered

It’s continuing to sound good!

The drums sound massive!

Both tracks feel a lot weightier than the original mixes. And seems like there’s greater clarity to the guitars.

Getting excited!

It almost sounds a bit too “bombastic” for me. I’m not sure.

I’m not too sure about the added sound effects, like the train zooming in on Just As Was Told. Or at least I assume it was added, as I don’t remember ever hearing it buried in the original mix.

I like the added heft of both tracks so far though.

It is in the original just way more subtle

Hmmm… I feel a full re-listen to the original coming on.

Listening to the remaster right now. Initial feeling is that it’s a big improvement - the muddyness from the original mix is gone, you can hear everything way better now.

Guess I’m going to get obsessed with this album all over again.

AGH! I’ve only ever heard odd songs from this because by the time I was excited about it the remaster was due (seems like it’s been a long time coming).

Thanks for flagging this - can’t wait to BLAST it.

might just need some getting used too but not liking it so far, the drums are too compressed, the toms especially sound way too prominent, vocals have an artificial edge to them, the bit in just as was told where it shifts a gear and starts to soar doesn’t have the same impact (I’m only on the 2nd track)

Can imagine this being a weird listen if I were used to a previous (substantially different mix) but coming to it fresh - I think it sounds astonishing.

First ever listen to this album today. Sounds like early EITS crossed with Josh T’s solo stuff. Basically amazing.

I think the new version sounds infinitely better. Saw this band numerous times back in the day, and absolutely loved them. But I could never be bothered with the record as it just didn’t sound anything like them. The remix is much closer, IMO.

I’ve listened to it some more and I really don’t like it, the drums are actually distorted in places and sound like a drum machine, and the parts where it used to soar just doesn’t have the impact anymore as everything is already at full pelt, the guitar sounds are more isolated so the effects more noticeable and cheesy. The production wasn’t great before but it had the natural sound of a band playing live in a studio, seems like they pulled it apart and enhanced everything and put it back together but its lost that natural live vibe

Is it on Spotify? Maybe I’ll A/B with my original.

Yeah, it’s on Spotify. You won’t need to A/B though, this isn’t like a standard remaster where the differences are barely perceptible, as ttf say it sounds really different in places. Almost like a rerecording.

Oh I meant to see if I’m in the @ttf camp or not. And I literally mean track 1 originally followed by track 1 remastered. :slight_smile: