Light Hearted People Who Have Fucked It Thread

Yeah I think I got a nice email back from them, the issue is my tech knowledge wasn’t up to scratch :joy:

Went through a phase in the last '00s of seemingly reading almost everything The Register published, plus everything in the comments section. Drunkenly bumping into Andrew Orlowski (only semi-confirmed as actually being him) in an off licence was probably one of my top three fanboyish moments. :smiley::woozy_face::drooling_face:

Also recently noticed that a book I’ve been enjoying with MiniWza recently (The Yes) is written by Sarah Bee. And there was a moderator/writer on The Reg with that name also. Been wondering if it’s the same one. This has prompted me to bother to look it up. Turns out it is. Here endeth another terrible anecdote.

I have very fond memories of The Rockall Times, which I believe was The Register related. Did that Daily Mash thing before Daily Mash got there, but funny (or perhaps that was me and the times)

She’s my other half’s cousin. I did not know this until I was listening to the chart music podcast and she was freaked out she could hear her voice from upstairs (she’d never mentioned the podcast to her)

3 Likes

This is some absolutely superb nano level celeb connections chat.

For what it’s worth, I thought she was a valuable part of The Register while there and is it’s a nice serendipity that her writing skills have once again crossed my path with the kids book. Had no idea about a podcast - will have to try and give it a listen.

1 Like

not that there’s been any egregious examples otherwise, but let’s reserve the thread for proper light heated stuff. examples:

man united
dale winton’s supermarket sweep
somerfield
the england football team

3 Likes

phoebe bridgers is on the new killers album

2 Likes

I never bought into the myth of Phoebe Bridgers, so this is all enormously entertaining.

1 Like

The Killers have fucked it

8 Likes

I have a very light heart…today has been a challenge…WTF

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes
9 Likes
2 Likes

Click on tweet so it parses properly

He was right :hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed:

3 Likes

I mean, it’s all relative, isn’t it?

Now I can solve the cube, I can confirm he is right

2 Likes

Mispronounced Rubin’s cube though didn’t he

10 Likes

Yeah he’s not in the true inner circle (sphere)