People Who Have Fucked It Thread

ericVII

20 Likes

i just got drenched walking to the station just to find out my train was cancelled, now waiting ages to get a train just to go to hackney for beers. seems a bit unnecessary tbh.

(meet you in the experiment in an hour? ha)

i was actually meant to be going out in hackney for a couple beers later but absolutely fuck that tbh

hahaha fair. surrey quays station flooded already. looks like i’m sleeping under a bridge in hackney later.

badmanretruns

2 Likes

ericVII again

6 Likes
1 Like

i have a very similar video from outside hackney downs where a drain was pumping shitloads of water

Sarah Brand

(I dunno, maybe she is just assuming she’ll come good like Rebecca Black or there’s something else going on here.)

I immediately got flashbacks to this similarly awful self directed video:

Hmm, that seems intentionally tongue in cheek and also Joss Stone can actually sing the song it’s for unlike (it seems) Sarah Brand

Nah, it was not deliberately bad, she got her brother to direct it. Definetly agree on the signing, there was something in that one you posted that was painful to hear.

It depends on what you mean by ‘deliberately bad’. I certainly don’t think choices like torture and so forth are good ones! And it’s hard to judge the video quality thing because it might have just been the camcorders they had or a deliberate thing to make it look more 80s. But certainly I don’t think you can look at this last frame and not accept that this is not intended to be taken as a serious video.

Either way, I really meant how badly red dress is sung rather than the video itself

Was wondering if I was supposed to know who Sarah Brand is.

Apparently not.

At least there’s consistency.

For what it’s worth, I think with Red Dress there’s a decent song in there. Could see Tori Amos doing it full justice and making it sound completely fine.

Intentionally bad singing here? No idea.

Aside from the machine gun editing, I suppose there’s nothing particularly off with the video. If anything, it’s maybe got a whiff of SNL not-as-funny-as-it-thinks-it-is vibes.

Cracking up at this, I have listened to numerous artists posted on here that sound like this

Fucking Tories

1 Like

On Brand

4 Likes

Spike Lee is hawking crypto now

3 Likes

After having listened to this just a couple of times yesterday, it’s popped back into my thoughts for whatever reason, and I can still remember the tune well enough to do a sing along with it in my head now, more than a day later.

And it occurred to me that I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit surprised if there were some AI goings ons. Like, maybe she’s singing a direct replica of the off-kilter style that some AI program has outputted?

Or maybe it just is what it is. :smiley::person_shrugging:

I’m hooked on this song.

She’s a non-vevo account that has entirely standard fare YouTube stuff, including a demo from 8 months ago (which kinda solidifies the ‘is what it is’ conclusion), someone’s ‘corrected’ it (but it’s a less compelling version), and there’s a whole world of chat about ‘microtonal’ stuff which feels like I’ve peeped into a part of the @cementimental universe.

On reflection, I’m wondering if it’s more Kate Bush than Tori Amos. Or maybe Joanna Newsom.

2 Likes