Line of Duty (Spoilers) - Series 6 from post 490

“Interested in one thing and one thing only”

It’s become self-aware. It’s finished.

Lot of lift action tonight.

“Hmmm there’s bent coppers everywhere around here… Better tread carefully.”

LOOKS AT SUSPECT. GRABS COAT. GOES JUST OUTSIDE THE STATION WINDOW AND MAKES A CALL ON THEIR MOBILE

“Alright mate, just calling for no reason really other than to ask if you know what this weird thing is all about. Nope. No reason”

LOOKS DIRECTLY AT SUSPECT. TURNS THEIR BACK TO THEM. LEAVES WORK EARLY.

3 Likes

Love the line about there being no evidence of institutional wrongdoing :joy: sometimes line of duty IS realistic

1 Like

I’m going with head cannon that there should have been a 2 minute montage of Kate and all the ac12 lot reacting to being told it was buckles with something along the lines of “very funny, but who is it we’re really arresting” / “what, and we’re believing her?”

3 Likes

99% sure they’re stringing her along, but also enjoying winding up Buckells. let’s face it, who wouldn’t?

1 Like

Can’t hear Buckles without wishing they’d cast Adam Buxton in his role

11 Likes

Two catchphrases in the same scene! Man’s on fire.

1 Like

It’s like they’ve written it knowing there’ll be a few drinking games going on

3 Likes

Strange episode this week

I can just about get on board with the Ryan managing to join the cops storyline but the drowning scene was silly

I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough but the ted/Steph/Steve stuff is so odd

Also they’ve all gone really stupid - “hey Kelly McDonald you are the baddie look how suspicious you are!!”

“Um, no, actually I’m just going to frame the 2 idiots I work with and not even have to try hard to do it”

“Ok great, thanks Kelly McDonald you are completely innocent obviously!”

1 Like

Thought Ted’s ‘My name’s Hastings. I’m the epitome of an old battle’ line was dreadful. Has the writing always been this bad?

Still gonna keep watching it obvs

4 Likes

I liked that line

One more thing - Ryan looks far too similar to the other detective that works with Kelly McDonald it’s almost confusing

3 Likes

I think it has? I only watched it all for the first time last year building up to this series and the first few episodes are closer to Eastenders than a serious cop drama.

Series 2 and 3 then get awesome and then it slightly descends into conspiracy theory / everyone’s guilty / interwoven contrived relationships territory.

Still a lot of fun and massively watchable, but like The Bodyguard its far fetched and entertaining rather than semi-realistic a la Wallander.

4 Likes

Yeah for sure, my wife keeps getting them confused too

Yeah I thought 2 and 3 were genuinely really good in the way they built up the tension and drama. The interview scenes are spectacular imo.

It’s trash now but really good trash that I have nothing bad to say about, which is very rare.

2 Likes

I cant remember which one is which

S1 - Lennie James
S2 - keeley hawes?
S3 - Thandiwe Newton?
S4 - keeley hawes again? With dot?
S5 - Stephen graham
S6 - Kelly McDonald

Is that anywhere near right?

Swap 3 and 4 round and yeah

1 Like

Liked the bit that went:

“Can you get me the financial checks on these?”
“Here’s the financial checks you asked for”

Next scene

“Your finances alright?”

Good show.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he’s said a variation of it when he first met Steve “the name’s Hastings, like the battle” - so it makes sense to reuse one of his zingers.

2 Likes

Oh yeah definitely - just felt a bit forced this time around, to me anyway. Think I might be taking this just a little bit too seriously though.