LinkedIn

Insurance underwriter, even more gutting.

I did get to go to a pretty awesome lecture about working on the kidnap and ransom department though but that was really the only good day I had.

5 Likes

Yeah piss off

6 Likes

Thoroughly enjoyed both parts of this exchange

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessarily particularly Tory, some people have important jobs and LinkedIn is at least a way you can represent yourself directly to employers.

I once had to do some training for what to do if you were held against your will on business travel. It said you should not give in to any demands, and say “No! I am a supplier to [company] and that is against their policy!”

When I moved jobs I had to do similar training, but they said look, if you ever feel like you’re in any danger, do whatever it takes to get the fuck out immediately. That’s when I knew I’d made the right choice.

Imagining being murdered because some dickhead oil company says it’s against their policy to hand over you work laptop to a kidnapper ffs

8 Likes

equally though, a lot of jobs are not anything to be proud of and I would feel guilty about promoting myself above someone who was smarter or poorer or from a worse background or less educated than me.

I’ve recently had to start analysis data from their Sales Navigator platform, to compare the social activities of the sales team. I they’re being targeted for commission on some aggregated score from it. all seems rather dreadful to me.

Created mine when i was desperately applying for jobs and targeting all the easy single click apply ones i could find. Sometimes think about actually adding a descriptiom or something to it but cba

in an old job i hated a couple of years ago my boss told me to set up an account as it would be good for networking (was doing sales)

i didn’t really have a job title finalised at the time so i went with Big Boss Man

got told to change it, sadly

3 Likes

Have a LinkedIn but who the fuck wants to hire a clerical officer/part-time musican through it? No-one!

Remember one lad in my NCT class turning up to the drinks I arranged in a LinkedIn hoodie. Realised we’d probably never get on.

A bit sad but I guess they need to spend their day doing something to justify the business gateway grant.

Sorry, didn’t realise what post you were replying to

Updated my profile to my new job because recruiters had started inundating me after my previous employer announced they were relocating thousands of jobs. Now I’m getting spammed by people congratulating me on my new job.

I JUST WANTED YOU ALL TO LEAVE ME ALONE!

I had the chance to be in on the ground with LinkedIn but didn’t think it looked that good - RonyD the visionary

Don’t think I work in a field for it to be useful

“Apply for this job that has already had 300 applicants”

Yeah, no thanks.

Ha, that’s total BS.

This training was more about interesting ways to trick the kidnappers into settling for a tiny portion of their ransom and that sort of thing. I can’t stop you being kidnapped but I can get you back for a bargain deal.

EDIT: their only ‘how not to kidnapped tip’ I remember was never walk the same way home/to work.

I’m not worth it m8, I’ve already told them all my passwords.

Press it near promotion review time so your internal recruiters tell your boss you’re at flight risk

4 Likes

Use the auto reply option