Linkin Park have changed a bit haven't they?

This is beyond ugly.

I agree. I honestly think people cling way too much to Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Linkin Park IS my favorite band, just like they were back thenā€¦when I was in middle school. Itā€™s like they grew their sound as I got older. I have nothing but respect for them trying new and different things. That being said, my favorite album to date is still A Thousand Suns.

2 Likes

They donā€™t need the hear the guitars to see the soul of Linkin Park and the message of the song. These fans are afraid the step outside their comfort zone when Linkin Park message from Hybrid Theory was all about that. People were pissed when rapping elements were in the songs, but they grew to love it, now when Linkin Park tries something new you ā€œfansā€ shit on it, because it introduces a pop element? You guys can dislike the music but Linkin Park will move forward and you fake posers will be left behind.

2 Likes

Did you spend a couple of years stuck in a lift or marooned on a desert island in the early noughties? Hybrid Theory sold 30m copies, thereā€™s probably more of a nostalgia market for it than all the other nu-metal bands combined

Finally someone who knows music here

See the soul of Linkin Park !!!

In all honesty they arnt really trying something new are they? I mean this sounds like it could be off the last Ed Sheeran album. Aside for having more depressing lyrics.

I really enjoyed correctly predicting all the chord changes on my first listen

1 Like

ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €

2 Likes

MISTER HAAAAAAAAAHN

2 Likes

People were pissed when rapping elements were in the songs, but they grew to love it

Was anyone pissed off about this? I mean Rap and Metal together was already a thing for a decade when Hybrid Theory came out and Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Cypress Hill had all released albums and established themselves by then. Nu-Metal was already coined and well on its way before they came along.

and Limp Bizkit sold a shit ton too, but itā€™s only relatively recent that anyone would even begrudgingly admit to liking them.

How many times have Linkin Park headlined download in the past decade?

Not defending them, but all the signs are there.

feel like these are copied and pasted comments from under the youtube video

1 Like

I got the same impression, but the SPGā€™s too consistent and there arenā€™t enough slurs.

1 Like

And now youā€™re not so sure?

Canā€™t really believe how bad this is. Beyond my already very very low expectations.

But look, some old school fans have ā€˜Nu-Metalledā€™ it up. :grinning:

7 Likes

AHAHA amaziing

Iā€™ve been a fan of Linkin Park for about 10 years and I think their new music is great, every now and then I listen to their older tracks but I like the new and old ones just the same.

All of the people hating on this song just goes to show that theyā€™re not true LP fans, if they were they would understand that they like to explore other music genres in the music, if they didnā€™t we wouldnā€™t have Waiting for the end (Reggae), Hands Held High and The Catalyst (Gospel) and other songs rather than just outright hating on them and saying their new music is shit or they ā€œmiss the old Linkin Parkā€, you canā€™t expect every song they make to be nu metal screamo stuff.

Iā€™m honestly disappointed in you guys, and to the rest of you who chose to still support Linkin Park, I applaud you for giving their new music a chance. I feel like this song was a test to see who their true fans are and alot of you failed.

5 Likes