List of most awkward interactions/moments in life (polls)

When you make a joke in a group setting that doesn’t land and everyone goes quiet then carries on as if nothing was ever said

• :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
  • fine
  • Hard to believe that this is something that happens to you, Epimer!

0 voters

• fine

0 voters

this is enough

1 Like

Not awkward this, just rude and annoying. Unless he’s buying a new prosthetic bum factory or something.

2 Likes

The funniest thing there is IMO. I live for this shit.

1 Like
  • This is ok

0 voters

Still really really annoyed by nobody laughing when someone asked me why we had three whisks in our kitchen and I said “because I’m a compulsive whisk taker”

Literally the funniest thing I’ve ever said, written or thought and all I got was an awkward silence.

25 Likes

purchasing birth control items/sti prevention items at boots

• hahaha, look at me, i’m going to have sex!

0 voters

That is excellent, it is improved by nobody laughing, not detracted upon (?)

whisk rhymes with risk

1 Like

Yeah, it really does!

2 Likes

You get a message from someone you don’t like spending time with saying they’ve heard there’s a WhatsApp group for doing stuff around your hometown. You don’t want to add them because they’ll probably go to everything and make it worse, but want to minimise how much of an asshole you are.

• :ghost:
  • Reply honestly, they’ll appreciate your frankness.
  • Reply saying you’re not an admin of the group, they should ask someone else.

0 voters

And the reason why we might have had multiple whisks could be that I compulsively take, i.e. steal, whisks. This is illegal and hence risky.

1 Like

It has all the ingredients!

my local sainos have stopped putting johnnies in those big plastic anti shoplifting boxes - which means you can now buy them at a self service till with no human interaction required. thanks Sainos!

1 Like

someone asking you whether someone else likes them or not, and you have the knowledge that the other person really does not like them

• :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: (‘oh, I dunno mate, we’ve never really discussed it tbh. i’m sure he likes you!!!’)
  • fine.

0 voters

Interestingly, my teenage kids don’t seem remotely embarrassed by sexy stuff when watching TV with me and their step-mum.

My theory is this is because they haven’t been taught that sex should be a source of deep shame, and if you have it you will die.

2 Likes

Yeah and that isn’t the reason, it’s because we’d been living apart and then we moved in together and that’s one of those things that happens, isn’t it, when you consolidate utensils.

You get to a pub with a friend and buy a drink. Sit down then realise it’s open mic night and you’re the only 2 people in there bar the performers

• :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
  • Fine
  • Neck your drink and run

0 voters

Despite trying to sneak through on the blindside, getting collared by someone wanting to swap your utilities / sell you Sky / do a survey with you / etc and having to interact with them

• wtf do I say now? Errrrm - “Sorry I’m running a bit late…”
  • Pretend to be on the phone
  • Stop and talk to avoid any awkward tactics
  • Just tell them to piss off

0 voters