Listageddon 2022

Aggregate list

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/list/summary/2022/

1st out the traps as usual ROUGH. TRADE.

Weirdly split it between US & UK must be something to do with what exclusives they could get

2 Likes

“Thanks again pal!”

2 Likes

Jack White?!

4 Likes

Got to get rid of 4000 copies pressed in July somehow

*Get £5 off when purchased together - use code JACKWHITE2022 at checkout

7 Likes

Strange that they’d give album of the year to a record nobody has ever listened to.

21 Likes

I went to that Rough Trade East gig and listened to the album on the way there.

I have no intention of listening to it again. A excellent short set but couldn’t name you a song or hum a tune from that album though.

1 Like

I wasn’t too far off.

1 Like

Who had Jack White in the sweepstake?

Only Meg and no one else.

1 Like

The Rough Trade lists are always so skewed in favour of artists that have played at their venues earlier in the year.

In my opinion the earlier of his two releases this year is Jack White’s best solo release and is the best album in that top 20 (Ibibio Sound Machine a close 2nd).

Found that “AOTY” album that he signed for me. Might be worth £9.99 on ebay. I think I paid £11.

3 Likes

interesting. might have to give it a listen

1 Like

Amazed they didn’t give it to one of their own. Jockstrap being the one that leaps to minds

US vinyl - the smile
UK vinyl - The smile

Annoying

edit: think i misunderstood - its the uk/us shops not artists

Very lucky that despite a huge and well publicised delay in vinyl production severely impacting many records release dates…
that the very same artists which Rough Trade have made their albums of the year have skated through this logistical nightmare to have NEW exclusives out in time for them making the list.

Fuck sake Thom, Jonny and Other Lad!

3 Likes

Decibel

Mojo

Uncut

2022 Music Year End List Aggregate

1 Like