Listageddon 2022

Is that Michael Head album any good?

My main thought from the inital lists and actually from what’s been getting BNM on pitchfork this year is that there have been a lot of well made albums this year but the number of albums that I truly love, get excited about etc. has been really alot smaller than usual.

Only ordered like the absolute fucking mug I am didnt I?

1 Like

Ugh, it’s just mid November. These early AOTY lists are as annoying as Christmas crap on the shelves before Halloween.

1 Like

I was expecting this post earlier in the thread…

7 Likes

Quite looking forward to listageddon this year as I’ve been taking f all notice of the new releases.

Couldn’t remember Listageddon for a good 20 minutes earlier that I gave up

Jack Shite

8 Likes

Love how it’s an apparent given that no good albums are released after mid-November.

(Probably fairly true…)

The Mojo list at least includes one December 2021 album (Jeff Parker). Think it’s reasonable enough for these lists to be out in time for Christmas shopping rather than a Jan 1st to Dec 31st strict timeline.

2 Likes

Christmas List 2022:

Just MOJO’s top 5 albums of the year please mum, as per.

4 Likes

So when we doing the DiS list?
At the end of the year, like sensible people?

1 Like

Thought the new Weyes Blood record was supposed to be AOTY

@Prob500 started the 2021 thread on 26th November last year. If they are willing to continue running this year as they have done to such great success in recent years then I’d say somewhere around then works, running into the start of January usually.

4 Likes

Was thinking of starting a thread where people submit their favourite track of the year. No fucking around, one track each. Unless someone wants to do something else of course.

7 Likes

Jack white as number one in that rough trade is proper lols isn’t it? I’d never trust rough trade reviews anyway but still :joy::joy::joy::joy: must have plenty copies to shift

4 Likes

glad to see Jake Xerxes Fussell popping up in a couple of those, even if he’s about 40 places too low

Some good stuff there, reminds me to give that KEN Mode album another go, was really enjoying it and then was distracted by other new stuff.

Like how AOTY lists a subgenre there too, very helpful

Hmmm, one of the

albums made it into Mojo’s top 10 too I see. Conflicted now. Am I gonna have to give

a fair shake and listen to it?

1 Like

My AOTY last year came out in December so I’m holding off with my list for a bit!

2 Likes

technically Rough Trade the shops and Rough trade the label are different companies. (although I know what you mean…)