Listening party with TKC

Stuck for things to do and often find myself listening to the same old stuff. Ive realised my Spotify starred playlist is packed and I havent listened to it for ages. Its full of stuff i love, stuff i am apathetic about so gonna stick it on and give some thoughta. Probably very boring thread but oh well, passes the time for me.

On shuffle the first song is… Bring It On Down by Oasis. Living in Manchester has really soured Oasis for me but theres still some fun to have. Dont really remember hearing this before. Its quite good, think people underrate how good Liams voice was at times. Their songs are very predictable, always seem to fade out with Noel noodling at the guitar for a minute

4 Likes

Ads have broken Spotify one song in, lovely stuff

1 Like

While I wait , heres Mutoid Man doing Tom Jones on a train (posted this too many times)

A - Rush Song. Fuck knows why this is on here. Its actually alright though, got quite a nice riff (which is a Muse ripoff though). His voice is dead bad

So Down On by Rival Schools. What a belter of an album this really was. saw them in Leeds Cokpit and some nobhead kept shouting out Quicksand. Ah im putting Used For Glue on, proper 10/10 classic

1 Like

Smile by AFI. Early AFi is proper good fun. Underrated band really

Genesis of the Antichrist by Anaal Nathrakh. Was thinking earlier I need to get back listening to these. Such a ridiculous band but in a good way. saw these on my own in Sound Control"s basement. was good

Firepoof by One Direction. Not even sorry

2 Likes

DIscharge - Where There’s A Will There’s A Way

bit of a less fun Anthrax

Curl Up And DIe - Doctor Doom, A Man Of Science, Doesn’t Believe In Jesus, Why The Fuck Do You

the title says it all really. pretty standard hardcore stuff but what a name

Thursday - Subway Funeral

ahh I get to see Thursday next month, dead excited. this album (Common Existence) was really good actually. not heard this song loads but Geoff’s voice soars

hear nothing see nothing say nothing is an all time classic
(are other people meant to be replying to this thread?)

by all means!

2 Likes

The monorchid - Abyss.

Actually have no idea who these are or why I have starred it. Quite decent though, singer has a nice sarcastic esque drawl to his voice. decent punk rocky tune. will look up who these are

Selena Gomez - Bad Liar

uses the Psycho Killer bassline and makes a song that is ten times better than anything Talking Heads did

Hot take coming through

4 Likes

stand by it

1 Like

Chaos Emeralds by Adebisi Shank

start of it sounds exactly like Turnaround by Devo. I quite like this band but always get a bit amazed by people saying this is the best record ever and that. it is quite joyous I guess

Obviously wrong. But I admire your conviction

4 Likes

How did Manchester sour Oasis for you. Does their stuff get played constantly or something