Little Work Things That Astound and Annoy You

I use yyyy-mm-dd because yy runs too much risk of confusion between date and year for certain dates if seen out of context, as most people will assume it’s dd-mm-yy. And I only use it for things that are going to be stored in file name order. No point using it for emails because they’ll be in sending date order.

4 Likes

People who are polite on teams.

“Hi safebruv how are you?”

Just ask me the question so I can leave in unread if I don’t want to deal with it

9 Likes

that is absolutely perfect, no need to even enter text in the body of the message

Yeah i get this. I get a message off a night shift IT person at 4am saying “Good morning Alexa” (not my name), no further detail. I log on 6 hours later, person is now offline.

3 Likes

The unreal level of bureaucracy inflicted by IT in getting anything promoted from development to Live. Once missed an arbitrary deadline by 2 actual earth minutes and they tried to claim I wouldn’t be able to get it promoted for about 6 weeks. Bunch of sad boys.

1 Like

Oh my god this is the worst. Sending a message that says hi, you reply and then there’s a half hour gap before the respond again. Let me know if I can go do something else!

People who I regularly converse with spelling my name wrong :slight_smile: I just don’t understand. I SIGN OFF EVERY EMAIL WITH THE SAME SPELLING

1 Like

Has just happened here.

“Got an idea… for the [project]… need your help”

I replied literally within 10 seconds saying “go on, i’m all ears…”

Left on unread for 15 minutes so far.

1 Like

Tease!

Nobody dates emails, that’s what metadata is for

1 Like

Sorry that happens Prevo

• This is a thing
  • This isn’t a thing

0 voters

Someone shared a OneDrive folder with me the other day called ‘Files’.

6 Likes

managers who just tell you what you need to be better at without giving any structural support or advice or anything to help you achieve it

3 Likes

Were there files in there?

it’s a wrong thing, but a thing for sure

1 Like

For emails specifically? Not a thing

2 Likes

Many files.

1 Like

My manager in an old job I had gave me ‘manager training’, as I was taking on a team with no prior experience. The training involved her just sitting in the 1-2-1s I was leading and berating me about it not being very good after

I quit, quite quickly (tongue teaser) and haven’t had a management role since

1 Like

oh, emails? Yeah that isn’t a thing. Jesus Christ.

4 Likes