Little Work Things That Astound and Annoy You

Re: 20210129 - catch up

3 Likes

Managers who give you average marks on your appraisal but only give you vague positive feedback and when you ask what you could improve, have no suggestions. If you canā€™t think what I can improve on and clearly put that into words, why arenā€™t I getting top scores on my appraisals?

4 Likes

Really judge people harshly who have their hyperlinked email address in their signature and when you hover over it the hyperlink redirects to someone else theyā€™ve copied and pasted the signature format from.

4 Likes

Didnā€™t know this!

Sometimes when I log onto the VPN it requires a password that has been sent to my phone, and my phone is in the other room.

The teams feature that allows 2 or more people who are already on a call together to be like ā€œletā€™s just get meowington onā€ and BAM surprise meeting that just looked like a phone call
nrrrrgggh

4 Likes

Spending ages making my spreadsheet with pivot tables and charts all nicely formatted and in order only for some bellend to open it using Excel 97 or some shit and saving it, thereby undoing all my hard work.

Cc email reply shaming at the tiniest mistake (or because they think you made a mistake) - face me one on one cowards

3 Likes

Sooo much thissese

Iā€™m terrible for that

People responding to an email sent two months ago asking for information when I already made the decision for them (due to non response) and sent that information to other teams, thus causing me more work. yeah.

Still left on unread :laughing:

Start sending :wave: emojis

Alright, Jimmy Two-Rooms

Ooh, bit of light spanking might get the reply I need

This is actually a huge thing but the admin brought in by having to do time recording, setting up numbers ect is a fucking pain and drags on and on

1 Like

Timesheets? I have to submit mine once a week and it probably takes me half an hour at least. Smallest amount Iā€™m willing to enter is half an hour

We have to open specific matter numbers per project, which is a pain because the numbers donā€™t get opened for a month or so meaning I consistently have very senior people asking for things I cannot provide!

Timesheets are also a pain in the hole :grin:

Luckily doing chunky work atm so splitting time between 2 or 3 clients and an internal code.

Splitting between 20 timecodes in a week is the absolute pits.

1 Like

Only had to submit 2 expenses receipts in the last 10 months though. So thatā€™s one irk Iā€™m living without atm

1 Like