Living with Live-in Landlords: Legit or Loathesome?

Same.

Preferred lodger to be away for all weekends. Minimum time in kitchen. Not happy sharing living room.

3 Likes

hahahahaha, wow. did she have much luck? :smiley:

PS, @anon18868718, you are such a good egg

2 Likes

I said no

:joy: get tae fuck

2 Likes

I’ve lived with 2 landlords.

First landlord would not allow me to have my boyfriend over, refused to buy toilet roll because she only used baby wipes on her noon and bum, and she used to use toilet bleach to clean her mugs from tea stains and she would not let you eat your dinner before you cleaned the kitchen immaculately. I broke the rules one day and let my bf pop up for 5 mins before us going out which happened to coincide with her bf, who i’d never seen or met, letting himself into the flat who then squealed on me and she accused me of shagging my boyfriend on her bed (huh) so i moved out after that.

Second landlord I lived with was totally cool and some would say even too chill because she’d forget to turn the oven off for 3 days or leave tupperware on the hot hob etc. She asked me to move out so a family member could move in and it was ok really. No big issues there.

1 Like

aw thanks dingaling, you too :slightly_smiling_face:

I love how this user is anonymous but really we can all tell who it is :heart:

6 Likes

It was “noon” that did it for me.

1 Like

the very same

Rumbled yet again for my colloquialisms!

4 Likes

Every story I have heard about this has been utter shite. Would absolutely never do it (am currently considering doing it lol)

1 Like

The rest of it is obviously the actions of a psychopath but refusing to buy loo roll if she doesn’t use it is… Fine? Or did she want you to not buy loo roll (which would be dead weird)?

1 Like

…noon :joy: where do they say that ffs :rofl::rofl:

I’d consider it again tbh, especially if i was in a city with a housing shortage…
It’s only the bad ones you tend to hear about tbf and like I said above house-sharing with strangers in general is a crapshoot anyway, whether they’re live-in landlords or not.

If the lease is easily broken all the better.

Well first of all, baby wipes aren’t flushable! secondly, they’ll be upsetting your PH balance down there and thirdly, she definitely used toilet roll to blow her nose etc! It was like a moving in speech of “oh btw i don’t use toilet roll” BULLSHIT

1 Like

Essex!

1 Like

Think it’s fine if you want to stay in your home and you’re not bleeding the other person dry tbh tbf

1 Like

@anon75298087

Same. As long as you’re not making a profit and flashing it about every month, then i think it’s fine.

who’s Dina Gling? :smiley:

1 Like