Living with other people (rolling moaning thread)

Right so my housemate

She comes downstairs, fills the kettle TO THE BRIM, and then goes back upstairs for 30-60 minutes

She then comes back downstairs at her leisure and flicks the kettle back on so it boils again

THEN she pours a cup of tea

I asked her why she does this and she said it’s so when she returns she doesn’t have to wait long for it to boil

But the length of time it takes to come downstairs TWICE to make a single cup of tea is surely as much time as it would take for it boil ONCE

furthermore, it only takes a long time to boil

BECAUSE
SHE
FILLS
IT
UP
TO
THE
FUCKING
BRIM

I get furious about this at least twice a day

On top of this, she complained the other day about the build up of limescale in the kettle

MAYBE IF YOU DIDN’T BOIL IT, FULL, TWICE, EVERY TIME YOU WANT TEA, THERE WOULDN’T BE SO MUCH BUILD UP

there I feel better now

Do you live with anyone? How are they getting on your tits?

Thanks for reading, Goofy is a cow, Happy Business and TTYL

8 Likes

If you don’t fill it up, you risk one of your other flatmates taking the hot water (happened in my gf’s old place all the time)

not if you stand by the kettler for the 36 seconds it takes to boil one mugs worth of tea

2 Likes

My mother does the kettle thing and it drives me nuts too. So wasteful and pointless

3 Likes

What if you’re going to make 2 mugs of tea, science man?

stay by the kettle

it’s a really simple system

1 Like

i often have to boil the kettle a couple of times because i go and sit down and forget about it

we all make mistakes xx

1 Like

No my flatmate is my best friend and is making me fried chicken tonight thanks

1 Like

There is the whole avocado skin issue though tbf

fuck off

3 Likes

Wor Lass thinks the most effective way of washing dishes is to rinse them, then soak them for ages, then rinse again. She can’t understand why things aren’t as clean as she’d like afterwards.

I don’t have the same problem when I wash dirty dishes in a sink full of warm water, even if they haven’t been rinsed.

She’s so convinced about this that I can’t even start to bring up reasons why my way might be more effective.

1 Like

i just run the taps and clean the dishes like that. none of this throwing everything in a bowl of dirty water nonsense.

Do you scrub with a sponge or anything?

yeah. soap the dishes, get a sponge and just clean them under the taps.

2 Likes

This morning the 7 year old had a nosebleed on a pillow on my bed, then the baby came in and puked on the duvet. Plus the cats shedding all over it. The sheets were cleaned on Friday.

If she’s sitting outside for a while she’ll leave the back door open, then a few hours later spend ages chasing flies out of the house.

JUST CLOSE THE BACK DOOR WHEN YOU’RE OUTSIDE

Washing up annoyances:
-both of them using scourers on things (mine) which get scratched and damaged by them
-my mum will frequently wash up when there is still more stuff to come and then wash up again like 10 minutes later. First of these will almost always mean she is in the way while I’m still doing things in the kitchen
-if my brother washes up it takes him a ridiculously long time. He insists this means he does it flawlessly, but in reality that isn’t the case.
-did I mention how they both ruin things with scourers?

You disgust me

2 Likes

Alright, Dolly Parton :cowboy_hat_face: