LME: where to live in London

San Francisco based @Twinkletoes has a home in Brixton when he visits the UK. I’m sure he’ll have some sound advice.

All the Hill’s are good. Brixton, Tulse, Herne, Streatham, Primrose, Gants.

1 Like

FOREST

Shooters?

Henman?

1 Like

Grange

1 Like

Jimmy

2 Likes

Muswell

Mill, Tower, Sydenham… You really can’t go wrong. Foxtons should let you filter by places with ‘Hill’ in the name.

The only bad one is Dollis.

I live in Harringay/Haringey (I don’t even know which is the borough and which is the place but I live in the place). I have previously lived in Finsbury Park and Crouch End. I’d say it was an excellent area but not sure how far £1400 will get you for a 2 bed. 3 bed would be out of the question unless its crap.

1 Like

Thanks! There are a few decent looking 2 beds for £1300-1400 around those areas, but the better stuff is just out of our price range. Will keep an eye on it though, new stuff keeps cropping up.

Wood Green is worth a look - it’s in Haringey. I lived there for about 10 years before I moved. It seems to be changing loads and has historically been a relatively cheap place to buy/rent. Harringay itself is a bit nicer, but there are a couple of new pubs opening in Wood Green and it was always less expensive. Transport is great from there too - Piccadilly line, loads of buses, overground train from Bowes Park/Alexandra Palace.

1 Like

Gay = place
Gey = borough

We were actually staying in Wood Green last week, and back there again for 10 days from Sunday. It’s nice enough from what we’ve seen albeit briefly, and I’ve got a friend who lives just up the road who likes the area too. It doesn’t seem to have as much gigs and artsy stuff as the other places we’re looking at, but that could just be we don’t know where to look.

and the best of all hills… Denmark Hill

1 Like

yeah up there is alright, but not much “cool” stuff. bit of a ways out of town though. there’s sometimes good things on at ally pally, big gigs, food markets, etc

1 Like

Basically suburbia

1 Like

oh and there’s a curzon that does cheap good films. it’s not all bad.

I’ve never really been a fan of Wood Green. Maybe because it’s a big residential area, but doesn’t really have much else there. Manor House, two stops further in, on the other hand is where all the warehouse gigs and parties seem to happen north of the river these days.

2 Likes

Yeah, Wood Green is crap, which is what makes (made?) it cheap.

Gigs and artsy stuff on your doorstep will always cost more. But on the plus side it meant the area was pretty much wanker free.