Local Natives 2022

I have no idea why, but these lads are always over looked on here, criminally I think. Gorrilla Manor is good, Hummingbird is incredible, Sunlit Youth is brilliant, and Violet Street is melancholy bottled.

Anyway, they’re back, with a new single.

I like it.

4 Likes

like gorilla manor when it came out and saw them at Tuts around then and it was a great fun gig. nothing that came after did much for me.

1 Like

“When Am I Gonna Lose You” is an absolute banger.

When they played EOTR, they were on my must-see list, but torrential rain meant I cowered in the Tipi Tent watching someone else instead. Big regret!

A band i always enjoy but never listen to for some reason

when im in the mood for this kind of stuff i usually head towards Typhoon instead

gonna get back on them though

1 Like

Loved hummingbird but didn’t listen to anything else by them. Will do now.

Might as well post one of the best pieces written on this website again.

2 Likes

Hummingbird is a beautiful record and I don’t think they’ve managed to make an album that good before or since.

I saw them at Oslo before Violet Street was released and they were almost too good. I struggled to connect with it as a result despite loving them so much.

‘Cafe Amarillo’ and ‘Tap Dancer’ are my go-to nostalgia songs of theirs too. “I long for when the sun was in their eyes” / “I don’t know, everything was easier before. Take me back before I knew of artificial roses” :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

count me in the “nice band i like listening to but always forget” club!

2 Likes

Fudging love them

There was a recent song that reminded me of them… forget what it is now. Great contribution as ever from me

2 Likes

One of my favourite bands. Love all their albums but gorilla manor has to be up there with one of the most complete debut albums in terms of nailing a vision perfectly first time. I think I must have been at the same Oslo gig as incomplete. Just an excellent live band and such a treat to see them play in such an intimate setting. I also saw kelcey doing his thing as jaws of love a few years ago at the moth club and it was probably one of my favourite gigs ever.

I was at that gig, it was great! Like you I’ve not gotten into anything else since

New album!

Time Will Wait for No One out in July

New single

3 Likes