Local Newspaper Nonsense

Angry People in Local Newspapers?

The old blog

may not get updated anymore, but there’s the new site:

facebook

and twitter

https://twitter.com/angrypiln

When I was a kid I went to a local brownie group, and someone broke into the hall and stole all the hula hoops and beanbags or something. The local newspaper photographer made us all line up against a wall and look sad/angry about it, and being 7 everyone massively overdid it. My dad clipped it out of the local paper and pinned it up in the kitchen because he thought it was such a ridiculous photo.

1 Like
2 Likes

I have heard that it’s very moreish :thinking:

2 Likes
3 Likes

“Any news?”

“No!”

“Time for another ouija board article then…”

4 Likes

‘I call upon the spirits tormented in Hell!’
‘Hi, spirit here, I lived in Hull all my life, it’s nice to have someone to talk to.’
‘Eh, close enough.’

Theme tune

4 Likes

A classic of the “sub-editor’s definitely taking the piss” genre

6 Likes

Absolutely brilliant

Ok

11 Likes

Reminds me I had a story to post yesterday, just looking for it now but whilst looking I noticed the number 1 read story in Manchester.

FFS. The most non news item ever

4 Likes

Anyway here is the headline I wanted to share

might be a two tailed worm? how do they know?

3 Likes

He’s been usurped by this…

Gold at every turn.

5 Likes

Hope you’ve built them a nice home kermo

1 Like

:smiley:

How do we know that isn’t two butts?

1 Like

The MEN do some decent political coverage and in one respect want to be taken seriously then they write this shite too. You can be a local newspaper and a city newspaper at the same time really, I guess.

They just tweeted out how Uk supermarkets '“issue urgent advice”. It was a list of supermarkets taking online groceries orders for Xmas. So an advert basically. Eugh, hate them

Absolutely lost it at this. The guy also kept his lights off and said “you can’t call the police if you can’t see me.”

18 Likes