Locking things - some polls/ chat

Do you lock the following things regularly when you leave/ walk away?

Front door
  • Every time
  • Most times
  • Not as often as I would like
  • There’s a lock on there?

0 voters

Car
  • Every time
  • Most times

0 voters

Bike
  • Every time
  • Most times

0 voters

Laptop/ PC
  • Every time
  • Most times

0 voters

Phone
  • Every time
  • Most times

0 voters

Use this thread to chat about lost/ broken keys or forgotten passwords.

This thread is inspired by how rarely lock the doors on my car. And the time I left my house keys in the front door of my house and drove to the shops.

Front door locks automatically.

Can’t imagine not locking the car every time, even though it’s only got a load of rubbish in it and various bottles of water that I’ve bought from petrol stations with good intentions and never opened.

Probably wouldn’t lock the front door every time I close it if Mrs F didn’t suffer from GAD and need it locked all the time. Leave my car unlocked quite a lot cause it’s rubbish and nobody would want it. Had it parked at work on those hot days last week with all the doors wide open.

I lock everything and I am allergic to nothing, these threads probing for our weaknesses will only find that I have NONE

8 Likes

If my wife’s in when I leave the house I don’t lock the front door.

This is Melbourne not London.

No wonder, she’d probably think it was very weird behaviour if she saw you doing it

2 Likes

Do the neighbours just walk in unannounced all the time like on ‘Neighbours’?

and yet our front door is constantly unlocked…

4 Likes

I only lock the door if I’m going out or going to bed. If someone wants to try and rob me when I’m there they can have a go

how susceptible are you to flattery oh strong and fearless queen

1 Like

No.

Front door - Yale lock so never needs actively locking, as long as I make sure it’s actually, yknow, closed

Laptop - work habit from security training, always lock automatically

Phone - on a relatively short timer so usually leave it, if someone can grab it off me in that 20 second window then more power to them

Car - N/A

Good.
That annoys the fuck out of me watching Neighbours tbh.

1 Like

Yeah, watching Neighbours annoys the fuck out of me too.

I’ve frequently inadvertently left the front door just pulled too rather than locked shut - where I’ve tried to be quiet after coming in from a night out. Nothing bad has ever happened though. Yet.

And my car doesn’t get locked as often as I mean to either, because my remote key fob thing is a bit rubbish.

The trick in both these cases is to live on the poor side of the road, so any would be criminals target them instead of us.

1 Like

It’s that kind of attitude thats putting Toadfish out of a job, YOU MONSTER!

:wink:

1 Like

Oh My God Wow GIF

1 Like

Absolutely shit at remembering to lock the car.

Once had 2 laptops and 6 phones nicked out of the boot that I was taking to a different office. If I wasn’t in the middle of an important project would’ve got in the shit big style.
Come back to the glove box open more times that I want to remember

Do you remember growing up when nobody locked their laptops and you’d go in to your neighbours laptops and they’d download you a dinner and have a natter

3 Likes

My weakness :weary:

1 Like