Loki - Marvel TV Series

I’m back to discuss Marvel shows first thing in the morning, who’s with me?

5 Likes

I enjoyed this, liked the retrofuturism aesthetic of the TVA.

5 Likes

Best first episode of the three series for me.

Enjoyed:

Owen Wilson
Production Design
World Building
Score

2 Likes

Thought it was quite good set design reminded me of High Rise probably due to Hiddlestone. Score was good and all.

2 Likes

The last time I saw something that brown and orange it was my parents’ living room carpet in 1979. Think the jury’s out for me until I have another couple of episodes under my belt. Not a great deal actually happened, did it?

2 Likes

An interesting start - I’m looking forward to the bit when they decide to solve all the problems by repeatedly hitting each other through CGI buildings.

5 Likes

Got some “Brazil” vibes from the first few sequences at the TVA, nice

6 Likes

Glad someone else picked up on that. I suspect they won’t push that part much further though.

I enjoyed this, but I am partial to secret bureaucratic organisations. (The Adjustment Bureau. Men in Black. The Good Place. John Wick. The Umbrella Academy)

3 Likes

Quite enjoyed that, will keep with it. Couldn’t get through the first ep of Falcon and Winter Soldier, so already an improvement.

1 Like

scores from 0-5, 5 being good.

0 voters

giving the average rating of:

0 voters

Yeah, likewise. So boring. I’ll give this a go though.

I’m a little confused by something trivial that’ll probably be explained at some point and only a massive nerd would care about.

The TVA exists to protect the ‘sacred’ time line and destroy anything that can lead to branches of that time line which would lead to a mutliverse. There appears to only be one TVA accross multiple time lines as they had a drawer full of infinity stones which only appear once in a time line.
The Loki of this series is from a different time line to all the other movies so the TVA would want to destroy the regular film universe and be a threat the normally watched Avengers? What was different in the ‘Loki universe’ before Loki ran away and the TVA turned up at the begining of the story to course correct?

is he…? :confused:

Infinity War/Endgame spoilers

Thanos killed the Loki from Avengers in Infinity War. In Endgame the Avengers went to different universes to borrow their infinity stones and bring back the people Thanos snapped which led to this alternative Loki escaping.

Technically different people but they gave this the same character growth in this episode so I doubt it really matters.

1 Like

I guess thats the main thing isnt it… (and one of the main things with time travel paradox n that)

technically different but if the time lizard god people all agree its fine then :man_shrugging:

as you said, we will have to see where the show takes it, if it ties itself up in knots etc

1 Like

Yeah, it doesn’t really matter and I’m not really fussed about these kind of plot holes if the stories good just felt like I was missing something.

Kinda hope this ‘new’ Loki stays in his own TV show and doesn’t end the series returning for Thor 4. More fun if they move onto new stuff.

3 Likes

I don’t know anything about any of this stuff, but I like this line. [and may attempt to drop it into conversations]

1 Like

“I thought we were having lasagne for tea and not fish pie…?”

well… technically…

1 Like