London DiS Meat December 6th/7th? (ma0sm in London)

Google Glenn Tamplin (Billericay owner/former manager). Tl;dr he pumped an insane amount of money into the club, went viral after an astonishing pre match pep talk (before a cup final v Tonbridge, where they fucking dicked us 8-3 with their team for former Premiership players), then did loads of insane shit including having a mural (which he has referred to as ‘the muriel’) painted on their ground with a panel that shows him and his wife asleep in bed while God tells him to go forth and buy Billericay

This is the tip of the Tamplin iceberg.

3 Likes

Thank you for explaining

1 Like

I would like to visit next season if we are both still in the same league! Will let you know :blush:

1 Like

I messaged @profk about if he was gonna be in town for a Xmas meat, then went to start a thread and found this was already a thing

What you thinking of doing? Daytime or just evening time? Food or just pub?

Also @ma0sm where you staying? (Stay somewhere south, south is best)

I am keen for a DiS football meet and Dulwich Hamlet are at home on Sunday 7th Dec this year…

bump

We’re still doing the Cambridge thing right?

I’m staying up north east, Highbury way.

Do you want to take over the organisation stuff? Seems that the Saturday is the consensus. I have no idea where is good. Somewhere fairly central would be helpful though as I’ll be out and about with my girlfriend all day.

The usual DiS hangout, Craft Beer Co in Islington, would be quite convenient for where you are staying.

(I hope to make this, babysitter dependant)

3 Likes

Craft Beer Co is great but might be nice to mix it up - there’s loads of good pubs near there

Xmas meat

is this happening?!

2 Likes

I won’t be able to come anymore unfortunately, but I still think it should go ahead. @iamwiggy was keen on it, fancy taking it over?

Fucking hell! Need to try to cancel hotel and limo now.

4 Likes

awooooo
ma0sm in London

I am still in London, the thing is, I’m going with my girlfriend and though I have told her I post here, I’m worried that it’d all be a bit too much to be organising something like this and expect her to be like “yeah we’re going here now because I need to organise a thing”. However if someone else gets it going, I might see if I can swing by and meet some of you all :slight_smile:

Oh really…

1 Like

i now have a big work thing on friday (head of department is leaving) and have people coming to my house on saturday for the boxing

so unfortunately ahm oot

Ill take over the admin.

Cant make it myself tho unforch

2 Likes