London Venue Audit

Oval Space

• Ace
  • Waste of

0 voters

• Hammersmith Apollo
  • Hammersmith Apoll-No

0 voters

Awful, awful sound though. When I saw Spoon there it sounded like they were playing next door.

Camden underworld

• Hades (good)
  • Hell (bad)

0 voters

Downstairs Shepherds Bush Empire is rubbish.

On level one itā€™s the best venue ā€œareaā€ for itā€™s size.

3 Likes

A winning combination of a stage in a corner and an unidentifiable smell.

Every band Iā€™ve seen there has had bad sound.

1 Like

Alexandra Palace is absolutely wicked, donā€™t get people on hereā€™s hate for it at all. Have been to 10+ gigs there in the last five years and the sound is always top notch and the crowd are always up for it.

2 Likes

Underworld, LCD Soundsystem, Tame Impala, Anderson Paak, Phoenix, Metronomy, Chemical Brothers. So many great shows.

Yeah, really annoyed that Big Thief and Angel Olsen are playing there next year as I really want to see both but am not a fan of the venue and even less of a fan of it being on the complete wrong side of London for me :-1:

2 Likes

if the sound is good and you get a good spot itā€™s amazing

1 Like

Seen some of my favourite ever gigs there. Do need just the right spot though.

1 Like

Iā€™m with you personally. I think bad sound when they started doing gigs there (the reputationā€™s stuck despite the improvements) and the location are the main reasons.

Birthdays

• BirthYAYS
  • BirthNAYS

0 voters

Bush Hall

• Fine
  • Bush HELL

0 voters

Bardens Boudoir (RIP)

• BoudYA
  • BoudNA

0 voters

Was that the odd venue under the second hand sofa shop before Dalston was gentrified? I saw The Thermals there many many years ago for the first time.

Thatā€™s the lad. My club night had a very short stint there. God just googled and it closed TEN years ago.

3 Likes

Heaven

• Heaven
  • Hell

0 voters

Troxy

• yep
  • nope

0 voters

Brixton Academy doesnā€™t have its own PA. Promoters have to hire one in. This is why the sound there is so variable.

2 Likes