London

Haven’t had a chance to tell this story yet so might as well sling it in here - LONDON CRIME CENTRIC

My wife got home from work about 5.30pm the other day, and saw that the window of the groundfloor / basement flat (it’s kind of lowered, but not a full basement) had been smashed. The plastic food waste bin was lying in front of it, like it had been used to smash the window. We live on a fairly busy street, but there’s bushes that hide the window, so someone could have smashed it, undone the lock and lifted the sash pretty quickly. She couldn’t tell if anyone had got in, and no one answered the door. So she rang the police non-emergency number and reported a suspected break-in. She also text the other residents in our building, who contacted the person whose flat it was.

Before the police arrived, the neighbour came home. We went down to talk to her, and asked if anyone had got in / taken anything. Immediately she said “No, it was just the wind.” She insisted that the wind must have blow the bin over the front yard and through her window. But it hadn’t been windy that day. And it was a long way for the bin to go, plus over a raised step then over a gap from the yard to her window. It doesn’t make any sense.

2 Likes

That’s Peru m9…

1 Like

Post it in @saps stupid puzzle thread - we can workshop the solution.

3 Likes

What is it with your gaff and mysteries - first the mysterious puddles now this. It’s a veritable Midsomer Murders.

My guess, ice dagger…

Forget it hyg; it’s Chinatown…

2 Likes

Hello.

The other day we went to the pub for the evening and accidentally left the back door wide open in an “inner London” borough.

When we got back everything was intact.

3 Likes

You sure? Have you counted the teabags?

1 Like

I mean we barely have anything of value but anything nickable was still there.

I quite often leave the back door open if I’m only out for awhile. Have had a few rogue cats in the house as a result but that’s the worst of it so far…

1 Like

Posted this elsewhere but I leave the kitchen window open for our cat to get in/out. Tabasco, who is not our cat, keeps comint in and eating Tina’s food. What a menace.

3 Likes

She now lives in a constant state of suspicion

9 Likes

london: bad

1 Like

7 Likes

Standard cat behaviour in my experience

2 Likes

:smiley: fucking hellllllllll

1 Like

I love it here.

1 Like

I’m going to be in London in October. That’s when the real bad shit will go down.

Menacing :scream:

Nice place to visit, innit

2 Likes

Alright Guy Fawkes.

5 Likes