London

fair assessment right?

(i know it’s been posted in the Guardian thread but deserves a wider airing)

Nothing wrong with being insular, I went to Scotland once and felt pressured to sing on a bus

this sounds very different from the Scotland i know

It was on a mogwai chartered bus to the Isle of Bute

they don’t have a singer, pal!

‘The front of the bus they cannea sing’ they taunted us with

Hm.

I think people who live in London, in common with those who live in other diverse cities, tend to be more open, outward-looking and progressive, compared to those that claim otherwise.

I think the dynamic is captured in crocodile Dundee, when crocodile dundee is in the city he is constantly surprised that people living in closer proximity does not lead to close social ties compared to the people he knows from the outback, however crocodile Dundee and his pals are most likely massive racists

This sums it up well, I think:

https://www.citymetric.com/horizons/why-living-big-city-so-isolating-lonely-isolation-loneliness-4210

I have noted the way the writer has made the headline sound like an ‘Onion’ headline

Stupid arrogant London prick

what an arrogant and insular thing to say

London Not Welcoming To Strangers Say Very Angry Xenophones

Etc

I am easily overwhelmed by London, and I’m ready to leave after a day or two or visiting.

Can’t always put my finger on why…but I get this oppressive feeling of “everything you want, all of the time” and it just makes me crave home where my choice is listen to music or watch Netflix

Never sure why people suggest London’s a lot more multicultural than anywhere else. There are more nationalities in and more different languages spoken in Manchester than London, for instance, but nobody ever says Manchester’s particularly multicultural. Weird.

Manchester is incredibly diverse but unless stats changed v recently, not more so than London

By far the worst thing about London are the vast swathes of quite weird people from other parts of England that move to live there in their 20s and start hitting every fad they get a sniff of, like drinking tabouli out of a wicker straw or something

very foreign sounding instrument

@xenopwn

that zoomed in bit looks nothing like London