Long term aims that have come to fruition

He said “long term”, m8

2 Likes

Decided to paint the bathroom ceiling 4 years ago, finally did it earlier this year.

5 Likes

Longer than a lord of the rings film, less of a struggle to get through though.

2 Likes

pfft 1h59m63s, innit.

6 Likes

Not sure what counts as long terms but I’ve been wanting to make cold brew coffee for about 3 months and finally made some this weekend.

I wanted to do press ups and now I can do press ups.

10 Likes

I wanted to run 5k and I did it, I bloody did it.

Then I injured myself and I am still in pain 5 years later.

Don’t ever try to better yourself, pointless.

14 Likes

Mortgage and debt free by age 50. Unfortunately I also have very little social life, no family or significant other. Still, no mortgage though, woo! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Decided in April 2014 that I was going to move back home to Scotland, managed it last week.

4 Likes

Squat 180kg x 5 with good form = did it
Perform inner circle’s a la la lalong at karaoke = DONE
3rd stripe on my brown belt in Jiujitsu = DONE (on saturday actually :DDD)

Some stuff in the pipeline r.e. career that hopefully will fruit, but dont wanna jinx it

2 Likes

I wanted to release at least one album in my lifetime and now I’ve done it. Released one in 2016 and four in 2017. Achieved by saying yes at every opportunity to playing with new musicians, playing new instruments and trying out new styles of music.

Built upon this in 2018 by playing a lot more shows, including my first ever shows at a big festival. I hope to have at least one more album out before the end of 2018, followed by some UK shows in 2019.

I think I wasn’t able to this previously as I had little to no self-confidence in my abilities but years of playing music with the right people in a conducive atmosphere has really helped me.

7 Likes

Move to the country :white_check_mark:

Eat a lot of peaches :x:

11 Likes

I moved back to London after uni, then spent years and years telling my mates that I was going to move back to Brighton, to the extent that they didn’t believe that I would. Joke’s on them now I’ve been back for more than ten years now.

Make a living from writing - kind of
Write about beer enough that people would send me freebies - nailed it

2 Likes

Since about 2013 I’ve been wanting a job that does not involve a commute. Realised the goal earlier this year by setting up as a sole trader, working entirely from home.

Getting a dog (about 10 years coming)

1 Like

Main long term goal - have a beard my mum can be proud of hating. Done.

Others;
Buy a house - getting there, slowly
Get under 180lbs again - getting there, slowly. Hit 188lbs last week, then ate time hortons all weekend. meh.

3 Likes

moved abroad
unlocked a sweet skin for a semi automatic rifle in battlefield 1.

not sure I’ve ever had a long term aim oops

2 Likes

Reduced my commute to a twenty five minute walk last year (one of the main reasons I applied for this job), reduced that to a four minute walk this year. Has made my life immeasurably better.

2 Likes

:smiley: lovely way of wording this

5 Likes